Fender's new "Vintera" series guitars

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by telerocker1988, Jun 25, 2019.

1. Erdowonge

Erdowonge Tele-Meister

is it Swedish for Thundercats?!

Chunkocaster likes this.
  2. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Having a bit of a GAS attack at the moment. Fiesta 50s, blonde 60s with bigsby or maybe that ice blue jazzmaster. Not to mention
    the beautiful blonde P bass and firemist jazz bass. If the 50s tele truly has a baseball bat and it's not too gooped up I might be in.

horax likes this.
  3. raysachs

raysachs Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

So if you want a 50's Baja, GC and affiliates still seem to have them in stock. If you sit on it too long or if you want a different color, the Vintera 50's modified appears to be the identical guitar. And if you want a 50's Classic series, you can probably find one of those too, OR you can wait and get a Vintera 50s, which appears to have the same neck, fretboard, and frets (not sure about pups). So in the car business this would be called a "model refresh" with a price increase because why not raise prices if you can sell em? I have a 50's roadworn, which is all the tele I need, but if I wanted a Baja or a 50's classic, it looks like they'll be around through another product cycle, with a different name.

I'm trying real hard, but I'm just over here not up in arms about any of this...

Remember all the yelling and screaming about the new "American Original"? What a catastrophe that turned out to be... Oh, wait.

-Ray

notmyusualuserid and MilwMark like this.
  4. John C

John C Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Agreed - and I like other types of locking tuners, particularly those with the thumbwheel on the back. But I prefer split-post tuners over the locking ones.

5. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Yep, the Bajas survive except the pickups might be a downgrade, depends on how they sound.

Vintera 50s Modified Telecaster is the Baja with the same neck, frets and radius. Same S1 and 4 pos, switch. Different Pickups. Not the same as the Baja.

Vintera 60s Modified Telecaster is the Baja 60s with the same neck? Same frets and radius. Same S1 and 4 pos. switch. Doesn't have the same sweet PV 58 bridge and PV 52 neck pickups the Baja 60s had though. Has something called Hot 60s pickups? About a $170 increase of price.

rze99 likes this.
  6. Buzzgrowl

Buzzgrowl Tele-Meister

Same spec as my 2007 Baja player, as far as I can tell.

soulman969 and raysachs like this.
  7. rze99

rze99 Poster Extraordinaire

Bang on

Those pickups... they will likely not be as good as or better the AVRIs in the 60s Baja or the Broadcaster and Twisted Tele of the 50s Baja...

RadioFM74 and Ivorytooth like this.
  8. 66Satellite

66Satellite Tele-Holic

that is sad if true

9. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Vintage splits work perfectly, if you string them right. I put them on any of my guitars that didn’t have them to start with.

10. Kylote

Kylote TDPRI Member

Mentioned in reply to this, but apparently they are going to be done in limited runs

11. Endless Mike

Endless Mike Friend of Leo's

Okay, so what's the difference between the vintera Tele and the Baja? No discernible difference is seen. The marketing voodoo seems to already be effective though.

12. Aaron1061

Aaron1061 Tele-Holic

im not sure where you all are getting the modded 50's as having different pickups than the baja. it still has the twisted neck and broadcaster type bridge pickup.

AAT65 likes this.
  13. DougM

DougM Friend of Leo's

I assume, since they have a 7.25" radius, that they'll be replacing the Classic Series. The 7.25" radius is what's saving me, 'cause otherwise my gas would be outta control, especially for the Surf Green 60's Strat.

14. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Here is what I see. So if the bridge listed below is the broadcaster type that was in the Baja, then you are correct. Nothing has changed with the Vintera 50s Modified.

upload_2019-6-25_16-22-39.png

RadioFM74 likes this.
  15. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Here is what the Vintera 60s Modified shows. This is not the same as the Baja 60s. Their specs page shows the 3 position switch, but it is wrong. Both Vintera Modified Teles have the 4 position.

upload_2019-6-25_16-26-41.png

RadioFM74 likes this.
  16. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

Looks like the neck plate doesn't show "Custom Shop Designed" on it anymore for the Vintera Modified Teles. Just a plain plate.

17. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

Because it's an odd name for Fender, an American guitar company, to use.

18. hotrodkid

hotrodkid Tele-Holic

To me, it sounds like a store in Italy.

But you bring up a good point..maybe we should all start using fictitious words just to make things easier.

JJOVa likes this.
  19. FerruleCat

FerruleCat Tele-Holic

It's nice to see a Mustang Bass in 3TS with the traditional "jellybeans" pickup and no Jazz bridge PU, but it's only $250 less than the American Performer Mustang Bass.

20. Ivorytooth

Ivorytooth Tele-Meister

They need to release a Vintera Highway One model. :p

Geo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.