Fender's new "Vintera" series guitars

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by telerocker1988, Jun 25, 2019.

1. RadioFM74

RadioFM74 Friend of Leo's

Well, people may say perhaps but for myself, the two I had in my hands had excellent fretwork. I desperately tried to make them buzz, rattle, fret out but to no avail. No fret sprout or sharp ends in sight either.

As to the 7’25’’… will ya people leave us vintage spec Indians a little place of our own in the Fender line-up? :p The “plain Vintera" is their only line offering full vintage-spec. Good citizens who prefer flatter radii have plenty to choose from in other Fender lines, starting from the Vintera modified.

nicknklv and ben smith like this.
  2. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Sorry you had bad luck running across that many with issues in one trip. I've had good luck with the Vinteras - only 1 of about 5 I've tried had issues. Both of the Vintera Strats I brought home had excellent fretwork (a Vintera 60s Strat in ice blue metallic and a Vintera 60s Modified in olympic white); while they ultimately went back to Guitar Center for various reasons the fit and finish was not a reason; it was more the realization that regardless of the specs it's time for me to stop playing 25.5" scale instruments (easy to find other electrics; it will be a bit more difficult to find a shorter scale acoustic that I like that I can afford:().

ben smith likes this.
  3. heffus

heffus Tele-Holic

Gassin hard for the blonde 60s tele with the Bigsby. Might wait for a body to come up on Stratosphere. $1050 is a bit much. You can get a whole lot of used guitar for that.

NicDo likes this.
  4. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

I'm not sure what prompted that comment, so I thought I'd reply from actual experience. Thomann has an excellent returns policy - they even pay for the return and organise collection from your own address.

I have no affiliation to them, but I'm in the UK, have bought several things from Thomann over the last 10 years and have returned two guitars (a Les Paul and a Recording King) and a Jamman looper... all without quibble and always with a refund within a few days.

Also, I can't understand anyone making so many negative comments about a guitar and then - instead of just accepting that they got a one-off lemon and returning it - deciding to keep the guitar and do their own extensive mods. Each to his own, I guess.

Hope this helps anyone who is thinking of buying from Thomann.

5. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

But who's to say that the Am Std is actually a 'better' or even more desirable guitar? My all-time favourite Tele's are the '52 reissue, the Baja (50s), the Classic 50s and Classic 60s - one USA, three Mexican. My Tele ownership is a modest back catalogue (price-wise), but the Am Std., like the recent Performer and Professional, wouldn't even be in my top ten.

Rather than the Vintera's being expensive, they appear to have pushed the price of the budget end USA-made offerings to a place that looks like poor value for money.

rob2, Fendereedo and RadioFM74 like this.
  6. rob2

rob2 Tele-Holic

I can PM you about what prompted that comment if you like,its from"Actual Experience",very real actual experience..I found it easier to repair the fault and sell at a slight loss
    The Teles neck is exceptional.....never came across anything like it..its my favourite neck out of a '69,a '72,a'73 Custom '74 Thinline,'75 Thinline and asurprisingly good S8-80ish..plus I have a guitar repair business so it was a simple,fun project and a break from horrorshow stuff like this.. DSCN3550.JPG '68 Gretsch....clearly done at least once before...
    I do use them for bits and bobs but only relatively unbreakable stuff like strings,titebond,tuners etc...they have a useful range of stuff though I have business shipping with Stewmac.
    I'm not the only one you'll find if you dig around...you've not had a bad experience and may never had,but I have.....any box shifter will have customers with both good and terrible experiences given the vol of sales but when Tmann go bad they go the whole way....check their FB page... a good few reviews like these...names removed but you can check easily,they're all recent....

............ reviewed Thomann International1 star
    29 August 2018 ·

i placed an online order with payment process through paypal.

i got order confirmation email and after that there was no correspondence.

i had to follow up with their department after 1 week and i was told they did not ship my order because they were waiting for my tel number .

my point is that i had to follow up to be told this . only after that i got to know why my shipment had not been dispatched .

I was also told they sent me an email asking for my # which is not true as i didcheck all my emails and my spam folders etc , they were lying , there was no email sent to me.

This will be my first and last dealing with Thomann . Very unprofessional . I will probably not deal with them again. Very laid back company to deal with .

like the emoticon/ emoji says doesn"t get worse than this !@!!! stay away from such companies .....

i reside in Dubai . UAE

next is kindof like our totally differing views!

..........doesn't recommend Thomann International.
    13 December at 10:33 ·

Decent enough range and prices, but with a terrible delivery service. Lost my package and stopped responding to my emails.

When they (eventually) gave me a refund, it was for less than the amount I paid, and they refused to honour the full amount. Avoid at all costs.

2 Comments

CommentShare

Comments

[​IMG]

...... Not my experience. They have always been impeccable in their service. Are you sure we're speaking from the same Universe? Mine is the third from left.

Sorry for the long post and maybe I misread you,its tricky online...but don't come at me because its been all good for you!....I've found Gear4Music trouble free for years,I bet others haven't!
    Cheers!
    Rob

7. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Lots of anger in that post ^^^. Such a concerted trashing of Thomann does rather look like it's coming from under a bridge.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.