Fender Vintage Noiseless Tele Bridge DCR Spec

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by barker, Sep 22, 2019.

1. barker

barker Tele-Meister

Hey everyone, long time no see! I recently ordered a set of Fender Vintage Noiseless for Tele and when doing my usual DCR check for faults/tolerances prior to the installation, I found the bridge to be 13.9k, instead of the 8.6k specified:

IMG_4366.jpeg

The neck pickup measured on spec at 12k. Considering the bridge measured way out of spec, I asked the seller for a refund and he nicely obliged. And then while searching for another set to purchase, I found someone on eBay with a used pickup for sale and when I asked what the DCR was, he said it was 13.9k! I highly doubt I have a bad part when someone else has the same one that measures exactly the same thing. It's likely Fender changed the spec without reporting it on the package. If anyone has this pickup and a meter, could you do me a solid and take a reading and report back? I'm kind of scared to take the guitar apart and put in a part that might be off. Thanks!

0992116000.jpeg

2. SPUDCASTER

SPUDCASTER Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

The Vintage Noiseless that came off my 2016 Deluxe Nashville reads 7.52k

I went to standard singlecoils. The bridge and middle weren't bad. Just couldn't get along with the neck pickup.

3. barker

barker Tele-Meister

Thanks for your data point Spud!

After using noiseless single coils I just cannot stand the hum from the regular stuff. The vintage noiseless neck is definitely darker and hotter than most probably like. The Dimarzio Area T neck is one of the best pickups I've ever heard, period. Absolutely mops the floor with the Fender Twisted Tele that came in my Am. Std.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.