1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender vesus Nash Telecaster.

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Digiplay, Jan 29, 2021.

1. Racer5

Racer5 Tele-Afflicted

Nash are better from what I've seen

But then you can compare them to other partscaster builders... for example, I'd take a Berly over a Nash any day...

2. Unionjack515

Unionjack515 Tele-Afflicted

I quite like the Lollar pair in my T-63–Imperial Low Wind in the neck spot and Special in the bridge. What I didn’t like at all was the neck. So I swapped it out with a quartersawn roasted one from Warmoth and it’s probably my favorite T-style guitar. Is it still a Nash? I’d argue no. Did I get lucky with the neck swap? Maybe. Don’t care either way.

swany likes this.
  3. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

Id say this guy has done very well pickin his Nash for D. Yokum and The Mavericks. 0a474266e73e56f2b73582440d189af1.jpg

e23589, G-52, Ben-Zion and 1 other person like this.
  4. Bluesidae

Bluesidae TDPRI Member

My T-52 is lightly reliced. The neck is a dream and the Lollars are wonderful. She sounds great through my Deluxe Reverb!

G-52 and swany like this.
  5. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

Nor here in the UK. You guys Stateside have far more options for putting together partcasters than us.

6. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

That’s gotta apply to all guitars, however they are assembled? Once in a while they’ll be a gem or a dog off the end of the line?

7. That Cal Webway

That Cal Webway Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Yeah Nash did get his stuff from Allparts,
    But I think they were sold 6 months or over a year ago, or more.

So I do not know if Nash still uses bodies and necks from them.

8. jfgesquire

jfgesquire Tele-Afflicted

Sold? Who was sold? Allparts? I thought they were a brand name of Hosco International, made in the same factory as MIJ parts.

Which makes me think... Allparts necks have the brand mark (licensed by) burned into the neck heel for sale in the U.S., but looking on line, Hosco labeled necks do not have the branding. Was Nash really using Hosco parts and not the Allparts brand? Semantics, maybe.

9. ieatlions

ieatlions Tele-Holic

Yeah I suppose it does to a point. Some turn out great, others don’t.

But comparing something like a Telecaster to something like..

39B1C2F4-CB0B-442E-A434-1F698C6684FA.jpeg

That’s like comparing apples to oranges.

10. Wrighty

Wrighty Friend of Leo's

That’s apples to a, em, er, sort of, I dunno...............donuts

ieatlions likes this.
  11. MilwMark

MilwMark Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Most who play in bands or Even just play don’t spend a lot of time scouring forums.

So if anything they know big brands. Gibson, Gretsch, various Pointy guitars, maybe Guild. And yes,… Fender.

If even on the guitar for them people have differing opinions on the relative quality and value of niche brands like Nash, translate that to the general guitar using public and you have your answer.

12. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Holic

Errr maybe Apples to Lemons given QA issues at the big G :p

But point taken, assembling guitars with bolt on necks is much easier than dealing with set-necks.

ieatlions likes this.
  13. Ben-Zion

Ben-Zion Tele-Holic

I am a left handed player, so my options have always been limited. Fender has always offered a very small selection of lefty options.

I am not a professional guitarist, but have been playing daily for 40 years.

I own four Nash guitars, all with Lollar pickups.

I own or have owned numerous Fender CS, American Standard, Player, MIM, and Squier.

I have never owned a Fender that could equal the feel and sound of my Nash instruments.

G-52 and Bluesidae like this.
  14. Goldenshellback

Goldenshellback Tele-Meister

Some years ago I read an article about Nash guitars. Nash said this. Since 1964 there are no authentic Fender guitars, and I believe our guitars (Nash) are more authentic and true to the original. That left a bad taste in my mouth. Fender regardless of ownership is Fender. Nash regardless of opinion is not Fender and the name Fender is what Nash copies. Pete Best was the original drummer in the Beatles. He was replaced, are the Beatles with Ringo Starr not the authentic Beatles?

Turtleneck, mimmo and TeleUpNorth like this.
  15. PJ55

PJ55 Poster Extraordinaire Silver Supporter

All the guitar makers say they have great factory set-ups. That’s nonsense. Just pick one off the rack and you’ll know nobody with 20/20 vision looked at the guitar. If brick and mortar stores are going to stay with us, they should spend a little time setting them up before selling them. What a great way to compete, huh? Sure it costs a few bucks, but anyone buying a guitar on line is absorbing about $30 in shipping, no matter which carrier you use.

16. blues

blues Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

As a customer I appreciate picking a guitar up off the rack that is set up well. They could sell more guitars that way. I would not mind paying a few extra bucks for that.

The good stores went over the guitars before they were put out on the floor/wall. It was just the way they did business.

PJ55 talked about a set up. The guitar in my avatar is a MIM 50's road worn. I think it's 2019. No deep dremel marks on the neck.

The factory nut was cut too low. That needed to go.The frets needed work. I got a good deal on it so I bought it. I knew it had potential.

I took it to a Pro who I know for over 35 years. I say this because I know what to expect. He does top notch work. I knew when i got it back it would play great.

I already had a Budz Purebread pickup set. I like them so I used them in the guitar. Overall I'm into the guitar for less than a new 2019 model.

Price wise is a Nash worth more than twice as much as my RW? Not to me. Both have good pickups.
    Nash is said to have a good quality set up. The few that I played did. My tech is an expert too.
    The same type of CNC machines cuts the neck and bodies.

I only played one Nash S-type and two T-type.

A small sample size for sure. The whole versus topics are all subjective. At that time I had a Fender 52 reissue Tele and a Wildwood 10 Stratocaster.

I did not think that particular Nash S-type was as good as that Fender WW10. But price wise that Fender was not twice as good as the Nash.

I would give the nod to the T-type guitars over that 2006 Fender 52 reissue.

It's all subjective. I have a wildwood thin skin 55 reissue Tele. Relatively the same price as a new Nash.

Nash has a lot of dealers. I have seen many positive testimonials. He must be doing something right.

Bluesidae likes this.
  17. Jack Clayton

Jack Clayton Tele-Holic

I've only played three nash guitars, but I loved them all. Wouldn't change a thing. I almost never feel that way about off the shelf fenders.

18. saleake

saleake Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

I would like to try one, but I think I would like the boat neck and the local dealer doesn’t order them.

19. PARCO

PARCO Tele-Meister

I have visited the Fender factory and those guys in QC aren't allowed much time to do any kind of setup. They check to make sure everything (pickups, pots tuners) works and move 'em out.
    Fenders are made to a price point. You get what you pay for. Nash guitars are a little more money so they can invest a little more time in the details.

20. Burn Yesterday

Burn Yesterday Tele-Meister

I saw a Nash Jazzmaster where they couldn't be bothered to get the correct #3 pickup screws so they just drilled out the pickup covers and used #4. They were dead to me after that.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.