Fender USA?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by gypsyseven, Jul 31, 2011.

1. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

Growing up in OZ there was little choice other than the early pre squier asian imports..
    Arias were big as I recall..

our quality local Matons were never mass produced like fender was domesticly...and never any bargains to be found...
    so there wasn't a goldmine in old US Fenders,etc floating around for a kid to find....
    only serious musos in paying bands had US guitars.. Fender/Gibson etc..

so it was asian copies or nothing... been there.. done that...

I guess the goal was to eventually have a good US made guitar for me.... regardless of the rap the CV's/JV's. get now...

I could never see a Squier, no matter how good it was... other than a "cheap" guitar... a side project of fender...

just like cars.. of course celicas,etc go great... they'll never have the mojo of a mustang/chevy.... eh?....

whether that's a good analogy for guitars or not I don't know...

just that.. I'd rather be playing a US Fender in Detroit.. than driving through it in a "celica"... get my drift...

2. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

I don't buy that they feel cheap...Does the neck feel different than other Fender products, sure but that doesn't mean it feels cheap...Truth be known those very Japanese guitars you speak of were talked about how cheap and inferior they were the same way the CV's are being talked about.

I think the big issue is that those of us (yes me included, I own an American Fender) who spent very good money (especially in this economy) on a guitar that was suppose to be better than the rest of their lines can't believe that the CV is a much better guitar in workmanship and sound than our $1200 "higher end" guitar. But most do not want to admit it.. And those of us who say (and there is not just a couple of us) say that these guitars beat our American guitar that's suppose to be of higher quality basically say we are full of it...

Some of the American Fenders that are built with CNC machines, you'd think they'd all be great as well...hmmmm...I think I"ve seen more or close to the same amount of complaints on this forum alone about the quality of their brand spanking new American Standard than I have regarding the Cv's other than the neck which is a preference not a defect or quality issue.

Most people here even prefer MIM's to Am Fenders and that's because the workmanship and quality is as good as Am Fenders and actually have better lines offered than the Am series..

I'll admit it, I'm pi$$ed that I spent that much on what I was lead to believe is such a better guitar only to go and check out the hipe on the CV's and see they were much better than my Am Fender in build, and sound performance. I buy guitars all the time and the Cv's monetarily were the cheapest guitars I own and I have bought three CV's for the price I paid for a few single guitars I own.

Last time I checked CV stood for "Custom Vibe" not Chinese Vintage

3. geetarfreek82

geetarfreek82 Tele-Afflicted

My favorite Tele is my AVRI '52... I own a few Mexican made Teles. I don't really like many if the American models, not because of any quality issues, but because I can't stand some of the "modern" features (i.e. 6 saddle bridges, modern junk tuners, noiseless pickups). I don't want to buy a $1000+ guitar and have to change all of these parts to be happy. The AVRI '52 is the best guitar Fender makes at any price point, IMO.

4. trev333

trev333 Telefied Ad Free Member

the way I see my guitars...

I have US Strats and Teles... stock from the year they were made..

I don't see them of re issues of 52's /62's.. I see them as A Fender Strat and a Fender Tele... re issues of themselves from a few years earlier from the same factory?... rubbish...

marketing a stock brand new basic 2011 US Tele as a re issue of anything is ridiculous... it's an " issue" not a "re issue"... it's not like they put fins on it....

5. Oster

Oster Friend of Leo's

Yes it does, but I don't think it's coincedental that on the Squier site in their CV blurb, they talk about the JV line and how the CVs are a return to that level of quality. It's too much of a coincedence and I believe they're playing on positive associations that people aren't even aware of which is very common in advertising.

Tarnished chrome, pine bodies (how did pine bodies ever become desirable anyway?), shorting pickups... yet the quality is so much higher than US Fenders? Sure.

6. Enot

Enot TDPRI Member

I'm almost sure it was not a coincidence. Believe me, at that time "lack of something" was pretty impossible if it concerned military industry and army. :)
    There were problems in late 70s and in 80s with high complexity IC (like CPUs), but not within usual solid state devices (like diodes, transistors, etc.) and relatively simple ICs.

7. Willy-son

Willy-son TDPRI Member

With all due respect, I'm not one of those people. Although my MIM 60s Tele is a nice guitar and an excellent value, it doesn't even come close to my AVRI 62 Custom.

8. toddfan

toddfan Tele-Holic

+1 I am fortunate to own an American Ash Strat-2006 or 2007, and it is my favorite guitar.

9. Triton Thrasher

Triton Thrasher Tele-Afflicted

We're a bit off-topic!

I expect the news reached me with a "Russia is primitive" bias, back in the Cold War days.

10. toddfan

toddfan Tele-Holic

There's a topic :?:

:lol:

11. dan1952

dan1952 Friend of Leo's

WWWAAAHHH!!! Who cares...

12. telequacktastic

telequacktastic Tele-Afflicted

I buy MIA, because its better for the US economy. Plain and Simple, keep our factories open.

13. geetarfreek82

geetarfreek82 Tele-Afflicted

lol I thought we were talking about cars!

14. Esprit

Esprit TDPRI Member

This has got me thinking about my amp. If the rectifier is Japanese and the signal passes through a Taiwanese control pot linked to a Mexican cap and then through a Russian tube before it gets to the British speaker, are there serious tone-sucking issues due to the language problem? They told me it was made in the USA but it's like the United Nations in there!

15. candybluecrook

candybluecrook Tele-Afflicted

Um, buy crook instead!!!! Lol

Sent from my DROIDX using TDPRI

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.