Fender USA?

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by gypsyseven, Jul 31, 2011.

1. gypsyseven

gypsyseven Friend of Leo's

For all those "Made in the US - only" guys....
    Just ordered some original Fender parts and had to laugh out loud when i opened the box...
    I always thought that those replacement parts by Fender, that everyone´s highly recommend here are MIA prudcts....
    Wrong, not all the parts are....

Fender/CTS pots - Made in Taiwan
    Fender C.Shop 4way tele switch - Made in Mexico

Only the controlplate and the knobs were Made in the USA....

Attached Files:

2. Ati EDGE

Ati EDGE Tele-Meister

:D:D:D

3. TeleTown

TeleTown Friend of Leo's

why dosent this suprise me.!!

4. estano

estano TDPRI Member

Unbelievable :(

5. musicalmartin

musicalmartin Poster Extraordinaire

The package staples are made in the USA to keep it all honest .

6. cband7

cband7 Friend of Leo's

Parts, labor, assembly outsourced overseas.

Sticker saying "Made in USA" stuck on in the USA.......

7. Tele60x

Tele60x Tele-Holic

This reminds me of a couple Electro-Harmonix pedals I bought from the XO and Nano series on the outside it says "Made In NYC, USA" on the inside it says "Made In China". Confusing!

8. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

So the truth comes out...Our MIA's aren't truly American made.......can we say "Crafted in the USA" I think that would be more appropriate :-D

9. gypsyseven

To be honest i don´t have a problem with it, but i don´t like the "MIA - high quality - the only real thing" image when it´s in fact not like that...

Funny thing is the 4way switch(MIM) isn´t even really working....it got sometimes a little problem to go into one position...called the shop and now i´m getting a new one...

10. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

CTS (Chicago Telephone Supply!) pots haven't been made in the USA in years. They off-shored production maybe 10-15 years ago? So, I'm not surprised that the 4-way switch (manufactured by Oak Grigsby or possibly CRL?) is off-shored too.

They are still the best quality you can buy.

Oh, and tuners are made in Japan, Korea or Germany.

Guitar manufacturers like Fender, Gibson, etc. outsource many of the smaller parts. Did you think they make this stuff themselves?

No surprises anywhere really. :cool:

11. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

Still "Made in America" is a little deceiving.. I still think it should be "Crafted in the USA".....since it's not really made in the US....hehehe ;)

12. gypsyseven

As already mentioned, they should called carfted in the USA and not Made in the USA...
    But whatever....i just thought it is funny...don´t wanted to offend anyone...

Fender´s still THE guitar/amp company for me....

13. burntfrijoles

burntfrijoles Poster Extraordinaire

Now seriously, how much electronic parts, including switches and the like do you suppose are made in the US of A.

Do you hold it against them that a rosewood fretboard would come from Brazil or Madagascar?

When I think of "American Fenders" I just think they are built in California not necessarily where components are made.

And to those who compare a CV50 or CVC to a 52 or 60 AVRI, I say they are deluding themselves or have hitting the weed a little too hard.

14. gypsyseven

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

15. Oster

Oster Friend of Leo's

+1

...uh, not meaning to offend anyone of course!

16. KevinB

KevinB Doctor of Teleocity

It's certainly a judgement call!

"Made in the USA" has a legal definition. "Crafted in the USA" does not and can therefore mean just about anything!

From a US Government website...

The Standard For Unqualified Made In USA Claims

What is the standard for a product to be called Made in USA without qualification?

For a product to be called Made in USA, or claimed to be of domestic origin without qualifications or limits on the claim, the product must be "all or virtually all" made in the U.S. The term "United States," as referred to in the Enforcement Policy Statement, includes the 50 states, the District of Columbia, and the U.S. territories and possessions.

What does "all or virtually all" mean?

"All or virtually all" means that all significant parts and processing that go into the product must be of U.S. origin. That is, the product should contain no — or negligible — foreign content.

What substantiation is required for a Made in USA claim?

When a manufacturer or marketer makes an unqualified claim that a product is Made in USA, it should have — and rely on — a "reasonable basis" to support the claim at the time it is made. This means a manufacturer or marketer needs competent and reliable evidence to back up the claim that its product is "all or virtually all" made in the U.S.​

I'd say that Fender is pushing the envelope here!

17. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

I've been making light of this but that suggestion is deluding in itself. Since I"ve gotten my CV's I have'nt played my American Std at all (I know you mentioned only the 52, & 60 AVRI)...THe workmanship just isn't as good as my CVC...And I'm just not on a CV Bandwagon...I own / have owned a lot higher end guitars as most other here.

I guarantee, you and everyone here if that label on the headstock said "Fender" only on it everyone here would be raving about how great a guitar that it is..(Even though they / we still do even with out the "Fender" on the headstock :D

Isn't it funny the CV's have to brought into just about every discussion....lol :eek:

18. gypsyseven

Oh man...i need a CV again...

19. davenumber2

davenumber2 Friend of Leo's

I think it's a little arrogant to think that all the best parts are made in the USA. I can see buying American for personal reasons but for the highest quality sometimes you have to look elsewhere.

20. gypsyseven

:lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol::lol:

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.