Fender Tonemaster Deluxe Reverb

NiceTele

Tele-Afflicted
I almost bought the excellent TMDR, but went for the TMTR as I used Twins for many of my 40 years of playing live. It is every bit a Twin Reverb, puts a smile on my face and doesn't break my old back lifting it onto the car.

johnnycnote

Tele-Meister
So I picked one up last week from Music Zoo for $679 (used). Let's see how it goes once the honeymoon is over, but so far it's fantastic!

golfnut

Friend of Leo's
Has anyone ever used tube drive pedals like the Kingsleys with the TMDR? I have a Kinglsey page and minstrel and am curious if that helps get closer to tube like tone.

johnnycnote

Tele-Meister
Has anyone ever used tube drive pedals like the Kingsleys with the TMDR? I have a Kinglsey page and minstrel and am curious if that helps get closer to tube like tone.

My ears are prob shot due to my military grade tinnitus, but I don't think my TMDR can sound more like a nice tube amp (to me). But, yeah, I'm curios as to what a Kingsley will sound like too

Ronzo

Tele-Afflicted
Easy Peasy. Just pour in a can at your next regularly-scheduled tuneup.

cropped-image1.jpeg

When i ask for "mo joe", they hand me a cup of coffee!
Not in South Florida. Even we suburbanites have mojo.
1F14828E-5ED6-4A5E-A3AE-7A3E385AA445.jpeg

1300 E Valencia

Friend of Leo's
Yeah but No.
It's too much money for a throw-away
And yet... How old is your phone? What did you pay for it?

I agree we live in a throw-away world, but that's because it's cheaper to replace than fix. The Number One biggest overhead expense in any business is Payroll. Quick parts replacements instead of time-consuming trouble-shooting and repairs is a huge cost savings.

Maybe there should have been a program to recycle all those ratty old no-longer-supported Mustangs into nice, shiny new Tone Masters rather than leaving Mustang owners in the lurch?

gregrjones

TDPRI Member
In simpler terms, the DR doesn't have a separate distortion/gain knob. The volume knob, as you turn it up starts to yield some dirt at around 5 or 6.

So what if that's too loud for the gain level you like? That's where the attenuator comes in. You could dial the volume knob up to get the dirt level you want but if it's too loud, dial back the attenuator on the back and you'd get a 'cranked amp sound' at bedroom volumes.

TheOtherNeill

Tele-Meister
Silver Supporter
In simpler terms, the DR doesn't have a separate distortion/gain knob. The volume knob, as you turn it up starts to yield some dirt at around 5 or 6.

So what if that's too loud for the gain level you like? That's where the attenuator comes in. You could dial the volume knob up to get the dirt level you want but if it's too loud, dial back the attenuator on the back and you'd get a 'cranked amp sound' at bedroom volumes.

Exactly this. The "attenuator" is really a Master Volume, and the "regular" Volume is your gain.