fender TEXAS highway one tele owner's lounge.

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by vanguard, Jan 14, 2009.

1. coolidge

coolidge Tele-Meister

Polishing update: Not the best photo under my blinding white shop lights but lower/left corner you see the polishing came out quite glossy and uniform. First I tried Megquires ultimate but the satin areas were still satin. Looked through my bottles of goop and found a bottle of Megquires water spot remover. Tried it on a test area that's normally under the pick guard, dang she polished to a gloss with very little effort. I applied by hand to the front and back with excellent results. It even removed about a 1 inch long abrasion left of the bridge. Then top coated with the Megquires ultimate.

Interestingly, below the bridge plate where it had made solid contact with the finish it was already glossy. Some areas like that under the control plate also.

[​IMG]

Last edited: Jul 2, 2019
    Steve_U1S likes this.
  2. TheRoman

TheRoman TDPRI Member

So...I needed another Tele like a hole in the head...but a blonde HWY1 TT emerged on Guitar Center's used site--in what looks like perfect condition for $700 with a Fender hard shell "chainsaw" case. It was impossible not to buy it. I have one already and it's to be in a certain way the best sounding a feeling guitar I've owned. We see how it looks and plays when it arrives...

rich815 and younkint like this.
  3. vgallagher

vgallagher Tele-Meister

7FE6BA76-22C1-48CF-8BA0-3CE23038055D.jpeg Mine became my number 1 after I put in a set of Fralins. The neck is really nice.

rich815 likes this.
  4. rotsap

rotsap TDPRI Member

"UPGRADED - GREASEBUCKET CIRCUIT NOW AVAILABLE
    In 2005, Fender® changed the spec of the Highway One™ series ever so slightly in the electronics department…"

So I have a serial that dates my Highway One "Texas" Tele to 2004. It has the "Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit". Without a doubt. That I know. I know because, for one, I can hear the unique tone when I roll the tone pot back, which is my go-to whenever I'm on the bridge pu. Yes, my oh my, it sounds purely exquisite! Rich, clear, solid highs, without ice-pick, and keeps the lows exactly as they should sound without muddying up my sound. I love-love this setup. And two, when I first scored this guitar, (traded straight across for a Fiesta Red MIM Strat Vintage) I knew basically nothing about them and contacted Fender directly to speak to someone about possibly locating case-candy, re-issuing a cert of Auth, a case, etc., Ah ha ha ha jokes on me. I learned it didn't come with any of the above. But my new buddy Kyle Foot from Fender's Consumer Relations was happy to give me a total rundown on the serial and model issued details and the "Greasebucket™ Tone Circuit" is listed as a feature too.

And, as if that wasn't curious enough, they also claim the Z4 + 5-6 number serials can actually be late manufactured 2003's as well as 2004 models. So Is this uncommon? Or was the Guitar Buyer Mag Article you shared just generalizing or working on limited info when they say the GBTC became available in 2005? I guess who can say right? But now I am wondering about it. BTW, Asking in my purely curious tone, not a criticism at all! And thank you so much for sharing this post, it's awesome. I'll make a pdf and add it to my folder with pics and all things Highway One Texas Tele collection.

I'll also say that In my collection, I have other Teles. A CV Squier, a boutique Custom Passion Tele-style from Godin and others. And, I also have an expensive 2018 USA Tele Elite, in the Aged-Cherry Burst finish, (loved greatly too) which I find the Highway One TT plays EVERY SINGLE BIT as well as. I kid you not. I run with a group of fellow players with US teles and they all drool over my 2004 entry-level, simple, old, H1TT. For real. And I rarely pick up anything else to play anymore.

Attached Files:

Steve_U1S and younkint like this.
  5. rotsap

rotsap TDPRI Member

Beautiful! Love the classy country pick-gaurd!

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.