Fender Tele Nashville wiring - 3 PU 5 Way Push-Pull Tone Pot

X_COMPADRE_X

TDPRI Member
Hello,

this is my 1st post so i apologise if i am breaking any rules,

So i have a warmoth tele that currently has a 3 way selector and 3 pickups,

i played a fender nashville telecaster the other day and i liked the pickup setup,

so the 5 way on that fender works like any normal 3 pickup strat,

but there is a push-pull tone pot that adds the neck pickup to positions 1 & 2

does anyone have a diagram for said configuration?

i will install a 5 way selector like the fender.

Thanks

X_COMPADRE_X

TDPRI Member
So immediately after i made the post i found the attached diagram but i have no idea what the symbol means (highlighted by green circle) i would normally think it is a capacitor but there is another cap in the same image represented totally different so...

Attachments

• 2022-10-27 12_47_05-Window.png
    2022-10-27 12_47_05-Window.png
    243.1 KB · Views: 47

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
So immediately after i made the post i found the attached diagram but i have no idea what the symbol means (highlighted by green circle) i would normally think it is a capacitor but there is another cap in the same image represented totally different so...

I don't know what that symbol you circled is trying to indicate, but it's definitely a wire that you will always want connected from your switch to your volume pot if you want it to work.

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
Here's an updated drawing, because I liked what I say on the one you posted. It's a little simpler than mine. By the way, welcome to the forum!

1666902359735.png

Last edited:

Steve Holt

Friend of Leo's
I believe that circled part of the diagram represents a capacitor. I suppose you would decide the rating.

For the life of my I just can't see why someone would put a capacitor right there. That would affect every pickup in every position wouldn't it? I've just never seen one like that.

X_COMPADRE_X

TDPRI Member
I looked at some of his other schematics and it seems on some of them he uses what would normally be a cap symbol to illustrate overlapping cables, my guess is the original draft had a cable passing through those 2 red lines.

example of his other drawings:

Attachments

• tele4way_phasereversal.gif
    tele4way_phasereversal.gif
    38.3 KB · Views: 19