Fender Tele Gen4 Noiseless Pickups ?

rschiller

TDPRI Member
Anyone using the Fender Gen4 Noiseless Tele pickups? Any thoughts on these? I use a Telecaster more for fingerstyle, Jazz and Chet Atkins kind of stuff so a twang and traditional cutting Telecaster tones aren't really my thing. (If you go to soundclick.com Rick Schiller Guitar the first few cuts give an idea of what I'm going for). I have a 2007 Highway One with Gen2 Samarium/Cobalt noiseless pickups in it and was wondering if Fender has improved over two generations of pickups. I'm looking for fat, clean, warm, organic, etc.

thanks to all

JDB2

Tele-Afflicted
This response is late, and perhaps not all that helpful, but I hate to see a post with no response, so here goes.

I don’t have experience with Fender noiseless Gen2 or Gen4, but I do have an American Ultra Tele with Ultra Noiseless (Gen5) pickups, and I think they sound like what you are looking for. From what I’ve heard in demos, Gen4 sound a lot like Gen5 with perhaps less high end. I think you would do well with the Gen5, which is available aftermarket.

rschiller

TDPRI Member
No, its helpful and thank you. As I'm not looking for "correct" twangy vintage tone I'm thinking the Gen 4s should be fine. I picked up a pair so we'll see.

--KenRu---

TDPRI Member
another late response but…
I had replaced stock with Seymour Duncan little 59 and vintage stack and was really disappointed when I found them to be not so great. I just replaced them with Fender Gen4 noiseless and find them to be awesome. on the neck I get that nice full sound I was looking for and on the bridge a decent twangy tele sound. When olaying on both its nice clean tele

43257E04-4920-478A-9095-214F8BCF34CD.jpeg
0516450A-060E-44A8-8151-F841F5F316F0.jpeg
D83A3993-8228-4EDA-9A61-573B4EDBB76B.jpeg

rschiller

TDPRI Member
Thanks! I went ahead and put a set of GEN4 in a 2007 highway one telecaster and I’m quite happy with them. I mostly play on the neck Pu and get a nice fat tone