1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Supersonic Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by ruger9, Jul 15, 2008.

1. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Holic

I wonder how the SS100 compares to a Tone Master or a ProSonic... I love the SS but am impressed with the guitars I have played from the CS. I would be curious to compare their amps.

Last edited: Apr 5, 2020
  2. JDB2

JDB2 Tele-Holic

I used to own a Super Sonic Twin (2x12 combo version of the SS100) and now I own a Prosonic head. Very different amps; difficult to compare.

Both amps are well made. The SS is menacingly complex inside, tough to service:

SS Twin.jpg

The Prosonic is waaaaaay simpler, more old school, easy to service:

Prosonic.png

Prosonic has about 5 less knobs and 5 less tubes than the SS.

SS has more voicing options and endless headroom but Prosonic has more touch-sensitive feel, more detailed and spacious overdrive sound and still is amazingly versatile considering its simplicity. Prosonic has a lot less headroom but is still damn loud.

Prosonic doesn't have a useable effects loop (it is too hot and isn't adjustable), automatic bias, or speaker damping control. Prosonic does have three power modes (30 watt class A, 50 watt class AB tube rectified and 60 watt class AB solid state rectified). Prosonic has a lot less background noise.

Prosonic does not do the classic blackface clean as well as the SS but does a better bassman.

ruger9 and 6String69 like this.
  3. 6String69

6String69 Tele-Holic

Very cool explanation, thanks.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.