1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

"Fender" style font for Headstock decal?

Discussion in 'Finely Finished' started by Jake_Blues, Dec 14, 2012.

1. Jake_Blues

Jake_Blues Tele-Meister

I think the title says it all. I guess I'll add that I'm using a Windows box.

2. bstubblefield

bstubblefield TDPRI Member

3. Jake_Blues

Jake_Blues Tele-Meister

Awesome! I think I can make that work.

Thanks!

4. barbrainy

barbrainy RIP

Have you thought about

a) getting JBennett (forum member) to design you one - his font is (IMO) massively better than any downloadable font, he does beautiful work:

http://imgur.com/a/ntPxi

b) making your own font (I did my own, using a lot of JBennett's work to learn from):

[​IMG]

5. hobb_masta_flex

hobb_masta_flex TDPRI Member

Yeah, I think you would be better off having someone design a Fender-esque font for your name. If drawn out in a program like Illustrator, you will have better results. Since the Fender logo font isn't really a font, but a logo that was hand drawn (which has been made into a full font afterwards), it is truly optimized for the word Fender. Whatever you headstock word is, it will take some consideration to make it look coherent.

6. JBennett

JBennett Tele-Afflicted

The Fender logo has not yet been made into a proper font. Brush Script is nice, but it's its own thing.

7. heem6

heem6 TDPRI Member

8. Jake_Blues

Jake_Blues Tele-Meister

Thanks for the tip. I went with Mr. Bennett's fine work, which proved to be a good choice.

9. CharlieN

CharlieN TDPRI Member

Hey guys, since I recently posted a new thread I don't want to start another right away (idk makes me feel weird inside) so I was wondering if you guys could give me advice since my question is also about headstock decals. I applied a decal over the weekend and I sprayed on 4 layers of clear coat after 2 hours intervals between each coat (Krylon Rattle can, I can't work with Nitro lacquer since I live in an apartment and the fumes would probably piss off everyone both in the apartment and across from my bathroom window). When I sanded it a few days later like everyone says to do on youtube to get rid of the outline and make it look more authentic the decal ended up getting shredded so I just peeled it off. I'm ordering a new one now but any advice on how I can can the authentic look without shredding the decal this time?

10. mmannaxx

mmannaxx Tele-Meister

How do I get in contact with JBennett to get a logo made?

11. GeminiCG

GeminiCG Tele-Meister

The nice thing about a headstock logo is that you can make it what you want. My avatar picture is the G in Gemini for mine and it is inspired by the Fender one, but also good for Gibson styles as well.

But if you have an idea as to what you want, don't let me or others stop you. Have fun! :D

12. Varmonter

Varmonter TDPRI Member

I had a fellow on etsy do mine.
    It says Fredner in fender script.
    My name is fred. ;)
    From a distance it's hard to tell.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.