Fender String Spacing Noiseless P90 Sized Humbucker...Do They Exist

Discussion in 'Just Pickups' started by ktdcpa, Aug 25, 2019.

1. ktdcpa

ktdcpa TDPRI Member

...Well I know Fralin and Lollar make versions with 53MM spacing. Also, the Dimarzio Bluesbucker is supposed to be in ballpark. However, does anyone else make them? I see Tom Anderson offers a line of P90s on Fender style guitars, but for the life of me I can't track down the bridge spacing.

Before anyone says string spacing doesn't matter, please know I generally agree. However, I'm building a custom Jazzcaster/Telemaster and I want it to look perfect :). So, with that said are there any other P90's I should consider?

Thanks for your time and insight!

2. Teleterr

Teleterr Friend of Leo's

I have a P 90 sized HB made by Bartolini, no poles showing. I think Bluesbuckers are normal HB sized and close to normal construction, just supposed to sound P 90 ish.

3. sothoth

sothoth Tele-Holic Platinum Supporter

Ask Sunday Handwound to make you a set (custom), which I believe he can. He made me a set of vintage Gibson sounding soapbars that sound really sweet.

Or just realize the standard/f-spaced thing is mostly aesthetic and will play just fine if it’s a mismatch, and don’t worry about it.

4. Golem

Golem Tele-Holic

Kinman has Noiseless pickups with 53mm spacing. [​IMG]

I absolutely agree that spacing can matter, although it really depends on the height you set the pickup. If you like them lower you really won't notice (except visually) that it's a bit off. If you have them set high enough, the string spacing being off can be an issue.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.