Fender specs reference, plus pickup comparison

rockymtnguitar

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
I'm thinking about buying a Vintera 60s tele with Bigsby and I already have a MiM 2015 Tele Standard. I'd like to be able to compare specs (neck radius, pickups, etc.). Is there a reference site for older Fender products such as the Tele Standards that contains specs?

Does anyone have any feedback on how the stock pickups compare between the Vintera 60s/Bigsby and the 2015 Standard?

rockymtnguitar

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
It’s called Google.

Bob

Very helpful, Bob, thanks much.

My Google searches (before posting this thread) did not turn up any comparisons between the pickups of the two guitars noted above, nor did direct searches of TDPRI specifically. I was posting in the hope that someone would have both guitars and could comment on the differences based on experience.

BrokenTele

TDPRI Member
Google what the pups are, then go to youtube and compare.
Bob
Say you’re a cranky knobhead without saying you’re a grumpy *******.

OP, the Vintera 60’s are a nice pickup tele set. Not too twangy, with a bit of fatness to the bridge. Compared to the old MIM, you’ll notice a bit of difference (the Standard is a bit much re traditional Tele, sterling-sounding), but both do the tele thing well. The bigsby would have a noticeable affect on the sustain and attack on the 60’s, so it’s a matter of taste, really.

Perhaps wayback machine can show older fender specs. I’ve had trouble pulling up diagrams for a 2016 Duo-Sonic, but there aren’t that many differences between the two models aside from neck shape and pickups, perhaps the bridge used.

rockymtnguitar

Tele-Holic
Silver Supporter
Thanks for your thoughts. I am hoping for something different between the two pickup sets. Your thoughts on the Bigby's effect make sense, too.

A bit put off by the neck radius on the Vintera but I tend to adapt quickly.

Dacious

Doctor of Teleocity
The 70s Vintera's pickups may actually be a bit hotter, as they measure a bit higher.in winds.

If you're looking at a Custom with Bigsby the hummer is warm rather than hot.

DougM

Poster Extraordinaire
The 70s Vintera's pickups may actually be a bit hotter, as they measure a bit higher.in winds.

If you're looking at a Custom with Bigsby the hummer is warm rather than hot.
The Vintera 70s Teles all have either two HBs, or a HB neck pickup. The 60s with Bigsby has two single coils