Fender Robben Ford Guitar - Who Out The Has One?

Discussion in 'Other Guitars, other instruments' started by SoK66, Jul 24, 2021.

1. SoK66

SoK66 Tele-Afflicted

I have two, both '93 Ibanez made Ultras. I had a 2000 Custom Shop Elite that I didn't care for and sold. Curious what other Forum mavens have 'em and their setups, etc.

2. Guitarteach

Guitarteach Doctor of Teleocity

My number 2 for a lot of years is a MIJ fender master series. Made around 1984, before Robben Ford started to endorse them.

Be gigging it at a small festival later today. Don’t see many. The original schaller PUs are swapped with a very early SD JB in the bridge and a later SD Jazz neck.

They have a very hollowed body and it has a lot more life and open tone than my Lester. Better upper fret access too. Up there with Yamaha SG2000s of similar vintage.

F12BE7B8-BC68-4167-A123-A6A755C7777C.png

SoK66, Glen W, Slip Kid and 4 others like this.
  3. richiek65

richiek65 Poster Extraordinaire

Last edited: Jul 25, 2021
    SoK66, Fretting out and RevBillyG like this.
  4. widefault

widefault Tele-Meister

I've got one of the Squiers, bought on close out for $200. Part of the Master Series, made in Korea.

[​IMG]

SoK66, richiek65 and Fretting out like this.
  5. iamjethro

iamjethro TDPRI Member

I had a Fender Esprit Flame or whatever they called it back in 80s. Loved it Stolen from a place we were recording and police said at a later time that the last lead they had suggested the crooks knew they were going to get caught and couldn't sell the stuff, so dumped them in some farmer's pond. Terrible shame.

SoK66 likes this.
  6. SoK66

SoK66 Tele-Afflicted

Oh, I have one of the Eastwood Esprits, too.

richiek65 likes this.
  7. John C

John C Friend of Leo's

Don't have one but always on my wish list. FujiGen - the manufacturer (FujiGen has built multiple brands besides Fender Japan over the years; similarly they built Ibanez instruments but don't own Ibanez) - does great work; I always liked the Esprits that I tried out but never pulled the trigger on one.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.