1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Richie Kotzen Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by muzicmaken, Jul 9, 2014.

1. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

I'm thinking of pulling the plug on this guitar...I have read just about all of the forums posts concerning this guitar.

I have a couple questions though...

Is this guitar really worth $1500 ( I know it's a MIJ doesn't bother me)

THe neck (I know it's beefier and all) looks like a MIM neck with the plastic
    black truss inlay. Am I incorrect?

I get conflicting readings concerning the pickups'''some say it's dark (which I like) others say it is bright.....

Great looking guitar but of course you can't really rely on Richie's videos because he can make a turd sound incredible..lol

thanks all...
    Ken

2. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Not sure what you mean about a truss inlay - can you elaborate?

I can say that the Kotzen Teles are truly awesome - fit and finish all excellent, through and through.

3. dharleyfan

dharleyfan Tele-Meister

If you want to know ANYTHING about those guitars, I would suggest contacting Sweetwater.com, They can tell you anything you need to know about them, and last I knew, they had 2 of them in stock, ready to ship, check out their "Guitar Gallery".

4. Stratburst

Stratburst Friend of Leo's

5. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

Truss Rod inlay on the headstock...It looks plastic like a MIM...unlike the wood inlay that Am and Japan Fenderrs ususally have..

I've already viewed all of Richie's videos regarding the guitar...also note that his is made a little different than the factory ones...
    Also been in contact with my SW Rep... prolly pulling the plug on it today or tomorrow :)

This guitar prolly gets better reviews than most Fender guitars, so I'm excited to grab one..

6. wrxmania

wrxmania Tele-Afflicted

The fact it's made in Japan for many discerning buyers would be 100% the greatest asset it has. Certainly would be for me.

7. barney77

barney77 Tele-Meister

Congrats, you should be excited.
    I've had mine for nearly six months and I'm still not playing my other guitars.
    It's comfortable to play, to me it's not dark or bright sounding it sits nicely EQ wise, it twangs but also takes to gain very well.

Basically it's a great playing, great looking, versatile instrument, and the build quality is better than any of my American made tele's or strats.

8. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

Not sure about that plastic-nature of that plug; mine appears to be very dark wood, but not plastic.
    Tremendous quality; not surprisingly, much like my Prestige/Artist signature level Ibanez instruments (apparently the MIJ Fender instruments come out of the same facility =])

You won't be sorry, that's for certain.

9. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

Thanks for the nfo Steve...From the pics it looks plastic...(not that that's any deal I was just wondering)...I can't wait to get it in my hands....
    It sounds like a very versatile guitar...
    Ken

10. Chud

Chud Poster Extraordinaire

Nothing to contribute on the guitar, but from your phrasing I thought you were initially looking to dump the guitar rather than buy it. "Pull the plug" versus "pull the trigger" - two similar phrases with very different meanings though YMMV.

You typically pull the plug when there's no hope for things to get better. "My mother-in-law has been brain-dead her entire life, so we finally pulled the plug."

Sorry, just found the discord amusing. Carry on, nothing to see here. :D

11. muzicmaken

muzicmaken Tele-Holic

lol...Chud you are right...lol I meant pull the trigger...

I have a lot of brain fart days...lol...don't know what I was thinking...lol

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.