Fender Red Knob "The Twin" Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by jimmynumber9, Jun 23, 2009.

1. G.Rotten

G.Rotten Tele-Holic

I likely should spend more time goofing around with it. It lives at the jam spot & I don't spend enough goofing off time there.

2. Clive Hugh

Clive Hugh Tele-Afflicted

Played a late night gig 9pm till 1am two weeks back, man that amp rocked. Being nearly 75 I was dreading the next day but seem to have done better than my bandmates, don’t think I’ll do it again though.

3. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

I usually do the opposite, dime everything and then back off. I'll have to try that.

Anybody found a good speaker combination for these, with a more usable lead channel in mind? I've got Celestions in mine, but I'm wondering if I could get a little more mids with the right Celestions?

4. gentlyweeping

gentlyweeping Tele-Meister

Just jumped in to say I have the black knob version. I played out with that amp for a good many years. When it went on the fritz I went down the amplifier rabbit hole trying to find something easier to carry around but with that glorious sound of two 12" spkrs on the 25 watt setting. That was twenty years ago and I haven't found anything close to that sound. I still have that Twin and am coming to my senses. I'll come out of denial and get that amp into the shop. Price is no object if it will bring back that sound!!!

JayFreddy likes this.
  5. Clive Hugh

Playing an open air festival in October, just getting hot weather then, thinking of using both of them, mainly because I can, but it’s like surround sound.

6. Clive Hugh

I have Eminence Patriot Red White and Blues, brilliant with my HB tele, should have equiped both with them.

7. Musekatcher

Musekatcher Friend of Leo's

Those look attractive. The sensitivity is 101.5 db...that's gonna really increase the volume, especially going from G12-50s, that are around 95 db. I think the original blue labels (still have em) were around 100 db. How are you managing that? Using attenuator or effects loop attenuator?

8. Clive Hugh

What? I have no idea what you are talking about, I put the speakers in the cab, turned the amp on and played, like the sound. End of story for me.

9. Clive Hugh

Just daisy chained my two RK’s and added an Australian Strauss 20 watt to the mix (Strauss Is based on Fender and sounds it) would like to add a fourth amp but need a battery for the DI box. Love it, don’t know if the neighbours do but no one’s throwing rocks on the roof yet

10. Clive Hugh

On Sunday 26th. It’s Australia Day, playing at a country pub outside, might just take both amps.

JayFreddy likes this.
  11. TedB

TedB TDPRI Member

Still my best amp ever (I pull out the middle two 6L6's to tame it to 25W and got some back-surgery)

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.