Fender Pro Junior - usable without pedals?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by RodeoTex, Sep 9, 2019.

1. E5RSY

E5RSY Poster Extraordinaire

That was '92. PJs came out in '93.

Of course, it wouldn't surprise me if JB was given some pre-release examples by FMIC to play around with before we mere mortals could get one.

2. Daytona.57

Daytona.57 Tele-Meister

You need to experience the PJIV Tweed with an extension cabinet.

I run mine through a Fender HM 1x12 ported cab, loaded with a Cannabis Rex speaker, 102 db, 110-115 SPL, equivalent to 50W. I play in normal tuning and E tuning for slide in a jam band.

I use this setup with pedals and without, cranking the dials full right, and using the guitars volume and tone controls.

I have a Fender PA 100 head, 100W tube that plays nicely with the PJIV. The PA 100, is scooped and more bassy with the PJIV mids just floating above, being articulate in the mix.

YMMV

3. mojavedesert

mojavedesert TDPRI Member

I use mine with no pedals and a telecaster. I put the tone on 0, null. I have 12" 1964 ceramic jensen concert speaker in a external cab. I rarely play above 3 or 4 for vol with a band. It's a loud amp with a speaker that doesn't break up. I have anico 2 bridge PU unpotted, somewhat microphonic. It sounds alive and sensitive with lots of snap and decay. I play with fingers only, cuts right through, with no ice pick, all usable tone with a .47 oil and paper cap. I get to use the tone knob and vol knob, it's way versatile.

RodeoTex and Daytona.57 like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.