1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Pro II here now ...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by 41144, Oct 13, 2020.

1. Twin52

Twin52 Tele-Meister

Locking tuners would have been nice. It’s 2020 and the guitar is not a relic.

SundanceSanDiego and Madhat007 like this.
  2. anotherlefty

anotherlefty TDPRI Member

I'm ok with that, pickups are easier to change than the body is to modify.

I like the surf green but I already have a Mystic Seafoam Jazzmaster so I'd rather have something a bit different in color.

3. StevesBoogie

StevesBoogie Tele-Holic

LOL I think the color selection is amazing. The Dark Night, Mercury, Roasted Pine, and Sienna Sunburst - sign me up buttercup!

matty428 likes this.
  4. DougM

DougM Poster Extraordinaire

You have to go back to the Am Std series where all colors were offered with maple or rosewood necks (just like from the 50s-80s), as it should be. Now some bean counters or marketing geniuses decide that the maple will be in these colors and the rosewood in these colors. It's a bolt on neck for Cripes sake! You can screw either neck to any color body! Jeez Louise!
    I'm actually surprised at the number of these colors that are available with both necks, at least on the SSS Strat (less so on other models), much more than the 1st series Pros, and other recent offerings from Fender and Squier. But, why did they stop where they did, and not just make all colors available with both necks?

Last edited: Oct 13, 2020
    matty428, kjatexas and ruger9 like this.
  5. skradlee

skradlee TDPRI Member

I do, I love it.

matty428 and Mike M like this.
  6. Twin52

Twin52 Tele-Meister

The neck - bridge is a great tone option. I originally discovered this on a Tom AndersonI bought that came as a standard option, in addition they have an option of all pickups on. Highly recommended!

matty428 and Mike M like this.
  7. Controller

Controller Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Fender Professional II
    Fender Professional Two
    Fender Professional Too
    Fender Professional Also

8. Anacharsis

Anacharsis Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

The only color that interests me is the Mystic Surf Green. That looks sweet. I've always disliked anything sunburst-like, so that takes out four of the colors (3-color, Sienna, Mercury, Dark Night). Butterscotch, Black, and Olympic White are all very tried and true - and I can't bring myself to get black or white on anything above a MIM Player line. Also, I really dislike fake tortoise shell (well, and real tortoise shell). That leaves the roasted pine, which is again conventional in that it has a natural ash-like look, and the Surf Green. I don't need another telecaster, but if I did, that would be the only color I'd go for on this list. I'd also go that route if the neck description really interested me, or if I wanted that neck heel/pickups. They seem to be doing well lately, so I suspect they know what they're doing.

I would have preferred some more Sherwood Green, Inca Silver, Candy Apple Red, some sort of gold, etc - bold but not so bright, non-burst colors. Maybe a cool purple or copper.

Gregorski and RYAN1987M like this.
  9. ChickenKiller

ChickenKiller Tele-Holic

That’s the drag queen country music artist I don’t know his name.... Absolutely ZILCH in this ad appeals to me.

xtelesquirex likes this.
  10. anotherlefty

anotherlefty TDPRI Member

You should probably look up what a drag queen is before you go insulting them like that.

11. adamsappel

adamsappel Tele-Holic Silver Supporter

Orville Peck. I like his work.

Indeed. He was probably just going for the easy gay slur.

12. FrontPU

FrontPU Tele-Holic

The name reminds me of Aria Pro II... :p

ruger9 likes this.
  13. JamesAM

JamesAM Tele-Meister

Preach. You, me, and a ton of other folks who fender thinks should buy guitars, which is 100% why fender is pointing straight at this market.

Fender isn’t stupid, and they know rock and roll - at least, rock and roll as baby boomers (their biggest market) know it- is dying. Their only option is to expand the market or grow markets that can still be grown. The baby boomer market is as big as it’s going to get, so it’s time to pursue other places that position them for long term success- and major applause for that.

Hip hop has absolutely overtaken rock music as what’s popular with the kids, and the kids are the ones who are going to be buying guitars for the next 50 years- fender needs to reach them somehow.

I think they’ve been doing an amazing job of reaching out to younger women, the indie crowd, and shoegaze/Billie Eilish type folks, because that’s who’s buying guitars right now and that’s what’s hot- and those folks will remember how good their fenders were as they grow with music.

I obviously don’t have any numbers to back these claims up, but fender must- otherwise they wouldn’t be pursuing the markets they are with things like the mustang 90, the lead series, and these pro ii colors.

I’m digging the BSB myself now that they’ve tinted the necks!

Marshall_Stack likes this.
  14. UPtele

UPtele Tele-Meister Gold Supporter

Dark night and roasted pine

Damn

15. ruger9

ruger9 Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Nothin' wrong with that... good ol' days

aria pro II ad HOT CHICK 80s.jpg

16. medownsouth

medownsouth Tele-Holic Gold Supporter

The mercury strat with Rosewood fretboard is pretty tasty

17. ChickenKiller

ChickenKiller Tele-Holic

I saw an article that I ‘thought’ sited him as a drag queen and all I’ve seen seemed to back that article.

I will stop now as to not violate Form rules with Preaching Religion.

18. Lefty Addams

Lefty Addams Tele-Afflicted

Sounds like a partscaster job then, i have a Deluxe planned as well..

anotherlefty likes this.
  19. Madhat007

Madhat007 TDPRI Member

That is Orville Peck- actually a pretty cool artist. Great live show... and he wears the strange mask.
    looks like he's now playing a Fender AP ii and has become an ambassador. I think he was playing mainly Gretsch guitars before.

Ive just ordered the Natural looking Roasted Pine Telecaster- also considering a Jazzmaster for the first time looking at these new ones. Not keen on most of the new colors though...

madhat.

Last edited: Oct 15, 2020
  20. archetype

archetype Fiend of Leo's

That Mercury gray burst must be new. It's not really my thing, but it's certainly a way to make gray more interesting.

StevesBoogie likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.