Fender Precision? BASS GAS alert

Call Me Al

Tele-Meister
I recorded this with it. Just a bass loop but it inspired the rest of the tune. I also got a SansAmp RPM. Changed too many things at one time, settling back in.

hey, sounds good to me! Both pickups full on? It’s got some bite!

So you like the feel of it? Squash the GAS a little? Never did get my hands on an Aerodyne, but folks sure rave about em

Last edited:

Digital Larry

Friend of Leo's

So you like the feel of it? Squash the GAS a little? Never did get my hands on an Aerodyne, but folks sure rave about em
I'm not sure. Big part of the tone is the GK 200 MB with the contour button engaged.

Probably wants the action lowered a little, and maybe I would go for some half rounds, but it really has some hair that is lacking in my two flats-loaded basses. Wheeee!

kbold

Friend of Leo's
Sound-wise? Nope.

The question you need to ask is if 4 strings are enough for what you do.
For me that's a no as I frequently need low D's and low C's so a 5-string is minimum for my use case.

Nothing but love for the P-bass though.

MV5BMTQxOTE2NTkxM15BMl5BanBnXkFtZTYwNTQwMjA1._V1_.jpg
Well, you can do it with 4 strings ..... if you tune to 5ths.
(You are tuning like a cello, except an octave lower. Capo the 12th fret and you have a cello tuning.)

I did this on one of my basses and quite enjoyed the experience.
Mod's: Replace the E string with a low B string (can be bought separately). So the strings gauges are: B A D G
Be sure the nut has sufficient gap to fit the B string. (You may ask how I know this ....)
Tuning: In 5th's ..... C G D A
i.e. B string tuned up a semitone, A string tuned down a tone, D stays the same, G string tuned up a tone

Blackout Jazz

Tele-Meister
Be careful. Be very, very careful. Because if your experience is anything like mine, your trip down this rabbit hole will provide you with sources of GAS that you never knew existed.

I started with an Ibanez Roadstar and an older Acoustic 136 amp (combo, 100 watts, 15” speaker) with my MIDIband in NY. Sold them both when I moved to South Florida. Got back into it during and after my divorce. Now have 11 basses (P’s, J’s, P/J’s, HB, fretless, Höfner) and 4 bass rigs of varying sizes and weight.

“It’s like heroin, I tells ya. Heroin!!!”
Hope to be your neighbor soon, Ronzo. This divorce utterly sucks. And so does cold weather.

Blackout Jazz

Tele-Meister
I recorded this with it. Just a bass loop but it inspired the rest of the tune. I also got a SansAmp RPM. Changed too many things at one time, settling back in.

I'd love to noodle a bit on a Dyne myself.