1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Player Humbucker Wiring Help Please - with photo!

Discussion in 'Tele-Technical' started by BlerpityBloop, Oct 23, 2020.

1. BlerpityBloop

BlerpityBloop TDPRI Member

I have a spare fender player humbucker i would like to put in another telecaster neck position. Nothing fancy or coil splitting or anything, just a basic swapping of a single coil neck with a leftover humbucker.

A photo of the underside of the pickup and the 5 different leads should be attached. And then each of the leads visible: Black. White. Green. Red. Bare.

Am I right in assuming GREEN goes to my lead switch, Black and white taped off and left to dangle, Red and bare soldered to the back of the pot to ground?

I've also got a Fralin blues special bridge, so if it turns out they are out of phase i should swap the green and red leads, correct?

I've got a multimeter and have been trying to figure this all out on my lonesome, but failing. Any help from the TDPRI community would really be appreciated.

Attached Files:

2. Peegoo

Peegoo Poster Extraordinaire

Guilty on BOTH counts, yer onner.

Spot on. You've got this one figured out ;)

BlerpityBloop likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.