Fender player 2022 thinner bodied than fender player 2021??

Wrighty

Poster Extraordinaire
Common oversimplification. The string vibration that creates current in the pickup is influenced by how vibrations in the guitar neck and body travel back through the strings. This is very obviously evident in qualities such as sustain (or lack of it) and overall tonality of the guitar (bright, warm, whatever) as the neck and body both transmit some vibrations and absorb others. The nonsensical view that it's just strings and pickups with no other factors at work has been amply disproven. I would also add that many pickups are a bit, or a lot, microphonic. Tap the body of your guitar and tell me that no sound comes through your amp. Sure, all these factors have different degrees of effect, and no competent builder would claim that all of them are always a big deal, but to say they don't exist, or are always trivial, or can't be heard is simply incorrect. The Tele obsessives will tell you that they hear differences in the different metals used for saddles, for crying out loud. If a person can't hear some of these distinctions, including how the acoustic qualities of an unamplified guitar affect the amplified sound, it's more likely the listener, not the functioning of electric guitars, that's creating that outcome.
It’s even simpler than that, it’s ALL in the fingers. Cue cancellation of troll post§! 😄😄😄

BLCK-OPM22

TDPRI Member
So, you’ve got two fake players with Bullet bodies!? No worries then😄😄😄😄😄
Yep it's all good haha, love me a squier body anyway 😅 nah were good, both bought from massive highly regarded stores and the bodies are exactly that of a player in terms of hardware, screws, sound most importantly haha. Defo both players :p

BLCK-OPM22

TDPRI Member
It’s even simpler than that, it’s ALL in the fingers. Cue cancellation of troll post§! 😄😄😄
Also now I'm not on hallucinogens I took the time to measure the 2 bodies and they are infact 1.75/1.76 inches... as I said before my eyes were seriously compromised due to some mushrooms 😅🤦‍♂️

PCollen

Friend of Leo's
Hey everyone, Tele enthusiast here! I recently bought a fender player telecaster black on black, and I noticed it was lighter in weight than my 2021 tele player (my new one is for modding)... I know the 2021 were 75 year anniversary models but I also have noticed it is a bit thinner, like half an inch, maybe more. Is this normal?
Both were bought from reputable stores with all official documents... the new 2022 model has a less bassy resonance unplugged than the 2021 model so I'm hoping it will give some extra spanky tones, but I was just curious as I was sure the bodies were all practically identical in shape. Both sound great but the setup is different and my curiosity is purely to the width of the models.

Thanks in advance :)
:rolleyes:.. someone's out to lunch.

Last edited: