Fender Pawn Shops - Mustang vs Jaguarillo Neck Comparison

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by adam79, Mar 23, 2017.

1. adam79

adam79 TDPRI Member

Has anyone tried both the Mustang and Jaguarillo Pawn Shop Guitars? How do the necks compare on the two? Are the very similar? I've only tried the MIJ Mustang and I fell in love with the neck on the first chord I hit. The specs say that the neck is a '60s "C" Shape. I haven't had a chance to try the Jaguarillo yet, but I like the look of it better. I've already owned a couple different Mustangs already and I've always wanted a Jaguar.. this Pawn Shop Jaguarillo looks cooler than any Jaguar I've seen. The Jaguarillo neck is spec'd at a "C" Shape, so I'm assuming that it's a bit different than the Mustang's '60 "C" Shape. This is too bad, since I liked the Mustang neck SO very much.

Anyways, just looking for that neck comparison. If they are different, how so? Also, I heard that the Jaguarillo pups have a tendency to go out of phase with Fuzz pedals, and possibly others. I'm a big Fuzz pedal guy, so this could be a problem. I wonder if it's the wiring of just the pup itself. Is it all of them or just one? Also, how's the Humbucker on the Jag? Is it good for Heavy Rock?

Thanks,
    -Adam

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.