1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender now has a Brent Mason replica tele...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rjtwangs, Aug 11, 2020.

1. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

very odd post

#1- I'll repeat, just like many others ahead of me, the production edition is $2500 not $12500 repeat after me , $2500, not $12,500

#2 Heavily Modified ='s Product failure ? I actually can't come up with a response to that one other than its an ARTIST SERIES .
    Do we have any idea how many variations of guitars Fender has made over the last 70 years ! Lord ! Tele's, Strats, P Bases, J Bases etc..

And as someone stated, the $2500 guitar is priced appropriately, A quality USA Tele can easily easily reach $1700 range these days. Maybe even more. The Glaser System is in the neighborhood of $750 installed, not $500. Then add locking tuners and we are darn close.

I also am not STUPID enough to buy one for $12500, so I bought one for $2499.:)

I doubt the production run will exceed 24 months if it even makes it that far. :cool:

2. T Prior

delete double hit

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  3. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

I need to add that it would only be stupid for me to buy the $12,500 edition of the guitar. I can not speak for others. I listened to Mr Mason playing. He can definitely make use of it. The subtle tone changes for some of the settings would be of lesser value for me.

4. T Prior

wrong section

Last edited: Aug 23, 2020
  5. T Prior

These guitars are now shipping even though they may say PRE-ORDER on website . Many sites now stating LIMITED Inventory.

Some feel $2500 is high and I agee it ain't cheap, but spec wise its really right in the ballpark, country code 011 with the Joe Glaser bender system.

Considering Fender is also now re-issuing another version of the Brad P guitar, country code 014, with NO G Bender, $1400. My friend just had a Glaser system installed in his Brad P guitar , he now has around $2100 into the guitar

Last edited: Aug 25, 2020
  6. DaveNewman3

DaveNewman3 NEW MEMBER!

probably asked before, But i have one of the original VA Brent Mason model. Hate the headstock...will a stock fender neck bolt up correctly?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.