1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender now has a Brent Mason replica tele...

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by rjtwangs, Aug 11, 2020.

1. Mad Kiwi

Mad Kiwi Friend of Leo's

Absolutely, I would love to have a Bender guitar to play around with!

Squier Vintage Modified would be perfect!

2. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

No .
    The PRODUCTION model has a $2499 msrp price like we have ALREADY said at least TWENTY times in this very thread :lol:

The 12,5k model is for the master built CS one that is an exact replica of Brent's guitar made to order.

3. Jay Jernigan

Jay Jernigan Tele-Afflicted

I played a Tele, some years ago, that had that exact configuration minus the B-bender. I didn't buy it because I was looking for a more basic Tele, but, I have to say that it was a nice sounding instrument. My observation is that having the middle p'up on pot,as opposed to a switch, is not worth the loss of space on the control plate. A friend of mine, who is an excellent player of many stringed instruments, has two volumes on a two p'up Tele so he can mix them and it's a tight fit with the stock knobs. It's a fine sounding guitar; I'm just too clumsy to operate it.

Last edited: Aug 14, 2020
  4. TellaStrat

TellaStrat TDPRI Member

5. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

great 3 part Interview with Zac Childs here for people who don't know him

here is where he talks about gear

and some really fast playing here

6. Mick Sullivan

Mick Sullivan Tele-Meister

bobk likes this.
  7. 3-Chord-Genius

3-Chord-Genius Poster Extraordinaire

The only thing I can say is, I suppose spending $12,500 on a guitar is better than spending it on something like, I don't know, cocaine? But only because you can keep the guitar.

8. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Afflicted

I'm on this forum and still had to Google who he is. :oops: I'd seen the guitar advertised but the name didn't mean anything to me. Looks like he has an impressive CV though, so I ought to make a point of listening to some of his stuff. :)

9. Ignatius

Ignatius Tele-Afflicted

I would think nearly everyone, unless they’re irregular.

....oh

10. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

I think it has something to do with the B-Bender.

11. AndrewG

AndrewG Friend of Leo's

Yes, he's one of the great Country 'shredders' out there but he doesn't simply trot out cliched, cookie-cutter chicken picking licks. Brad Paisley is another superbly versatile player.

Anyway I think that Tele is hideous and can imagine the potential for impaling delicate body parts on that B-Bender thingy sticking out the back...

12. Mike M

Mike M Tele-Holic

I do agree the guitar is hideous, but that might be part of the charm.

Wouldn't mind a reg Tele with that pickup selection/options, he created it that way in his younger years when he needed the sounds of a Les Paul, Strat, and Tele for sessions but could only afford one guitar.

AndrewG likes this.
  13. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

I found a site that had one in stock and bought it this morning. It supposedly will arrive early next week. The Valley Arts guitar does NOT have a Glaser B/G Bender system and it is not a direct replica, as odd as that is. The Fender is a 7.25 radius which I love with the Glaser Bender system, which for me is now mandatory, not a novelty. The PUP arrangement is nice, I imagine it offers some tones I would use now and then. I do like the idea of rolling in the MID pup for a "change of pace" .

The price is $2499, there is no LESSOR street price. Even pre-ordering, there is no guarantee of getting one.

I doubt this guitar will be in any form of production for more than 24 months, if it even makes 24 months.

One thing Fender did correctly, they made an actual "replica" of Brents guitar, unlike a Brad Paisley guitar without a G Bender . They brought in Joe Glaser who actually built Brents guitar and added all the "STUFF "
    -----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    as written above

that Tele is hideous and can imagine the potential for impaling delicate body parts on that B-Bender thingy sticking out the back...

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Thats a joke right ? I hope so ! :) A thingy ? Do we have any idea how many thousands of guitars out there have the neck plate Bender pull , played by many of our favorite players ? Nobody's private parts are being impaled. I'm pretty sure Brad Paisley and Brent Mason never went to the Hospital for an impaled body part, I think that would have made the news. IF our guitars are hanging down that low when we play , thats on US, not the guitar.

I certainly "GET IT" that this guitar is for a rather small audience. Color, options, Bender and PRICE alone will scare many away. Its expected. Its not every man or woman's guitar, I don't think its supposed to be. But it is for me ! I just sold 2 big ticket Instruments to acquire one of these, heck, maybe two !

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
    milocj, Jakedog and Smokin OP like this.
  14. juberstudent

juberstudent TDPRI Member

In addition to the b-bender, in Glaser fashion it looks like one can change it to a g-bender as well.
    I saw Brent in concert last year with my friend Richard Smith (another GREAT player), Brent on his Tele, Richard on his Kirk Sand nylon string. Just an incredible evening, and Brent is the nicest guy.
    Jenn

Jakedog and T Prior like this.
  15. T Prior

T Prior Poster Extraordinaire

Whether we know who Brent is probably not the key factor, its almost a guarantee that if you have listened to any music over the last 30 years, especially any Country Music, you have heard him play. Not just Country , RE: Alan jackson, George Strait, Shania Twain etc...and on and on.... but massive amounts of studio dates across multiple genres.

Here is how Fender describes Brent:
    With recording credits stretching across five decades, Brent Mason is one of the most prolific session guitarists of all time, featured on well over 1,000 albums, including hits by George Jones, Willie Nelson, Dolly Parton, Blake Shelton, Carrie Underwood and many more. He's also been inducted into the Country Music Hall of Fame, won a Grammy, earned twelve Guitarist of the Year awards from the Academy of Country Music and was named one of the top ten session guitarists of all time by Guitar World magazine.

He is real easy to find on YouTube should you wanna check him out. While of course Brent is well known for his massive chops, I find him most interesting with his very melodic approach to moving between chord changes .

Last edited: Aug 21, 2020
  16. alnico357

alnico357 Tele-Afflicted

I do not know who Brent Mason is but I'm sure he is worthy of his own Telecaster.

I am not stupid enough to buy one for $12,500, but that is beside the point.

Why would a company put out a copy of their product that had to be heavily modified? Is that not an admission of product failure?

17. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

There are a bunch of them on Reverb. $2,500 and up.

Jakedog likes this.
  18. teletail

teletail Friend of Leo's

Knee jerk reaction to any tele more than $300 - overpriced!!!

Nick Fanis and Jakedog like this.
  19. Jakedog

Jakedog Telefied Ad Free Member

And none of that even touched on his TV and movie credits, which are huge as well. One of the easiest to find and most common examples people cite, is that he was the guy doing all the bluesy licks between scenes on the sitcom “Becker”.

T Prior likes this.
  20. Gary135r

Gary135r Tele-Meister

Isn't that what the nurse would ask. "Did we have a BM today?". :D

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.