Fender Noventa Telecaster Content

takauya

Tele-Meister
I’ll bet they’re what that pickguard covers. I went with a clear pickguard on my MIM Tele, which revealed them, to the right of the neck pickup.

View attachment 987110
I know MIM bodies have them, but I just thought he meant something else as they are under the pickguard, which you can't see unless you take it off.

Jupiter

Telefied
Silver Supporter
I love that PG! I used it for my cabropartsnita 12 years ago.
DSC_0419.jpg

t-ray

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter
Very cool guitars, and love the single P-90. I am lucky to have one of the very first CS La Cabronita guitars with one TV Jones bucker. Probably my favorite, despite not being the most versatile. Enjoy!

[email protected]

TDPRI Member
My grip is no switch and the pickguard. I have an Esquire and I love turning off the tone (yes push pull but in battle does that always work?). If I got one I would head over to Lollar day one and get a P90 Staples. Man that is the best sounding P90 I have ever heard.

Probably go over to https://decoboom.com/ as well and get a more interesting pickguard made.

keeffan

Tele-Holic
Absolutely love my blonde one. Only thing I would like on it is a leopard tortoise pg. The neck could be a touch fatter for it to be perfect, but it's still a really nice neck. The pots on mine have a great taper. It's got the P90 grunt but also has the spank that Juniors never could deliver for me.

PARCO

Tele-Holic
You mean the particular one had a fat neck or anything? And, what are the CNC holes?
Yes, the first one I played had a nice chunky neck. Not too fat but it felt really nice. The CNC holes are holes underneath the pickguard and in the neck pocket that they use to hold the body down while it is carved out by a CNC machine.

Peegoo

Doctor of Teleocity
They are great guitars.

Yeah, the pickguard does look a bit like an afterthought.

Early G&L's suffered from this same aesthetic imbalance; the control plates looked like they were borrowed from something else.

banditpanda

Tele-Meister
Absolutely love my blonde one. Only thing I would like on it is a leopard tortoise pg. The neck could be a touch fatter for it to be perfect, but it's still a really nice neck. The pots on mine have a great taper. It's got the P90 grunt but also has the spank that Juniors never could deliver for me.
If you know where to get a leopard tortoise pg a la Prince Hofner that doesn't cost an arm and leg would ya let me know? Thinking that would look real good on a '52 CIJ RI Tele.

HomeOffisRockstar

TDPRI Member
IMO, the Noventa is a different take and interesting look on the beloved Esquire. And most of us love the Fender Esquire. Esquires don't have to be normal View attachment 987204
Funny you say that. I always thought the same thing which is why i bought one. Plus there is something special about single pickup guitars (especially a P90).

I ordered a cheap esquire pickguard on Amazon for $8. Delivery tomorrow.

Hopefully it will look ok.

banditpanda

Tele-Meister
Funny you say that. I always thought the same thing which is why i bought one. Plus there is something special about single pickup guitars (especially a P90).

I ordered a cheap esquire pickguard on Amazon for $8. Delivery tomorrow.

Hopefully it will look ok.
If you could please post a picture when she's done.

HomeOffisRockstar

TDPRI Member
Also I ordered a Lollar 50's Wind P90 to swap out for whatever stock MP90 is in the Noventa. Also replacing the cheap ceramic tone cap with a paper and oil Luxe cap:

We shall see how it goes.

19sixty3

Tele-Meister
Also I ordered a Lollar 50's Wind P90 to swap out for whatever stock MP90 is in the Noventa. Also replacing the cheap ceramic tone cap with a paper and oil Luxe cap:

We shall see how it goes.
I am very curious. I've had my eye on the Lollar 50’s Wind P90 for a while now... Please let us know what you think when you've swapped.