1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

fender nocaster

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Frank88maurice, Mar 14, 2013.

1. Frank88maurice

Frank88maurice NEW MEMBER!

Im looking at a 2000 Fender nocaster custom shop,

I do not see anywhere where it states its a 51 reissue custom shop, but i do know that all the nocasters were 51.......
    it is a reputable seller and all he is got on the website is that its a nocaster fender custom shop!

is it a 51 or ?

2. Ron Garson

Ron Garson Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I don't think you need to worry about it not being called a "'51." For most people it will just be a "Nocaster," and I suspect that includes the seller.
    If you are unsure you can always ask the seller!

They are great guitars! :)

3. JackStraw

JackStraw Friend of Leo's

Welcome to the forum. It's a little hard to determine anything about the guitar without pictures or a link.

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Its either a Fender custom shop Nocaster or it isn't. '51 don't matter.

5. Daywalker

Daywalker TDPRI Member

All original Nocasters were indeed from 1951. The Custom Shop has been pumping out various recreations and modified versions of the Nocaster for years.

I'd ask to see the Fender Custom Shop Certificate of Authenticity (COA) that comes with the guitar. They all have them. This is were it will be referred to as a '51 Nocaster, and will usually be followed by NOS or Relic.

The date of manufacture and serial number to the guitar will be listed and should match the one stamped on the actual guitar. My serial is stamped on the bridge.

Attached Files:

6. Bickert Fan

Bickert Fan Tele-Afflicted

A "Nocaster" is a specific model of a custom shop guitar built on the premise of a "Nocaster" guitar...thr transition between Broadcaster and Telecaster.

These days the "Nocaster" is a fairly popular custom shop telecaster model. If it's actually a custom shop nocaster there will be no mention of "1951" anywhere on it. You may see the word "Nocaster" written somewhere in the body cavities.

If it's custom shop nocaster it should have the custom shop logo on the back of the headstock. And if it's a nocaster it won't say "telecaster" on the headstock.

In fact, if it did say, "51" anywhere on it you can safely assume it's not a nocaster.

7. boris bubbanov

boris bubbanov Tele Axpert Ad Free Member

Yup, as there's IMO no such thing as a '50 Nocaster or a '52 Nocaster.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.