Fender Mustang?!? Where...?

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by IsThereLoveInSpace, Sep 1, 2004.

1. IsThereLoveInSpace

IsThereLoveInSpace Tele-Meister

Hello again,

Recently, I've been GASsing for a Fender Mustang. Don't care what year, if its a RI, ect....

I know they've been discont. by Fender, but I've got a feeling that there are most def. a couple new ones floatin' around.

ANY BODY know where to get one (for under 1K)?

Response is greatly appreciated.

2. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

www.davesguitar.com

Click on inventory, then scroll down to used Fender. I noticed one on there this morning when I was pervin' on some mighty sweet tele pics.

I am not in any way affiliated with the seller, yadda yadda yadda.

Jake

3. Flipped Mustang

Flipped Mustang Tele-Holic

You might want to play around with one before you buy. I've got a '67 that sounds nice, but IMHO it doesn't play nearly as well as a Tele or Strat. The smaller scale neck is no problem, but I think the spring loaded tailpiece defeats my bends in a strange way and I just don't seem to be able to dig in and make it sing like a T or an S. I know people that love them, so check it out for yourself :)

4. IsThereLoveInSpace

IsThereLoveInSpace Tele-Meister

Meh...

The one on the site was overpriced. 900 is too much for a 60's 'stang. I've seen 'em go for 600. In PERFECT condition. Too bad I didn't have my wallet on my persons THEN, eh?

Thanks though!

5. Jakedog

Jakedog Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

I thought $900 for one in that condition, with the right case, was a great price. I want to shop wherever you've been going, because I haven't seen ANY vintage mustang's in any condition for for under $750 in three or four years. I remember the good old days, when I saw one for $350 and thought "$350 for a Mustang? That's ridiculous!". They ain't so cheap any more.

Jake

6. Wally

Wally Telefied Ad Free Member

I just sold a '66 white and a '73 candy apple red with racing stipes to a buyer for Hollywood Vintage Gear. I am sorry that we missed connections on this. timing is everything, eh?

7. J-man

J-man Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Admin Post
    What about the reissues? I've been looking at them, they go for about £400 new (these are the sonic blue models with the racing stripes), they seem to be harder to get hold of as of late.... Unless you're a bass player that is.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.