Fender Mustang Floor Showroom

Discussion in 'Pedal/Effects Owners Clubs' started by Willie D, Mar 17, 2013.

1. Willie D

Willie D Friend of Leo's

I can't find a Mustang Floor Owner's Club on TDPRI, and I couldn't decide if it belongs as an amp owner's club or a stompbox owner's club.... so I'll just drop it here and let the community decide.

Anyway, who else is rockin' the Floor?

2. tele12

tele12 Friend of Leo's

I have one. A lot of things to like about it.

3. BluesRoot

BluesRoot TDPRI Member

The floor Mustang seems interesting. I'm interested in what people have to say about them. I have certain amps that I like to use with multi effects processors. I may buy one. I like Mustang amps, and I'm a tube guy!

4. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Meister

I´m a Mustang Floor owner and I love it. I use it for home practice with headphones and also for gigging in small venues connected directly with the PA.

I think it´s very easy to use, also in live conditions, and sounds real good. I´m playing cover from country to classic rock. The models I use are the Twin, the 65 DR and the Supersonic. I´m very happy with this 7ender sounds out of this small box.

5. flyingnorth

flyingnorth Tele-Meister

I'm an owner. I use it in small venue with a four p band...I end up clean with some delay most the time (DRRI) and out to PA direct on occasion..great for practice with headset and still have effects...I do run a keely compressor in front, seems to get what i want for tone..
    play mostly country covers...I have the floor on a 32 inch pedal board with my voice live and two other pedals..thats it...easy to move..all wired up..out after gig quickly. Still learning to use the floor..lots of ways to program or download...

6. mindlobster

mindlobster Tele-Afflicted

Yeah, I love the Floor...once you put the time in tweaking the presets, you can get a great direct tone for recording, and through a clean amp it's great for playing live. The Fuse librarian software is invaluable for archiving every crazy preset you ever come up with!

7. skerwo

skerwo Tele-Meister

Tweaking the presets is real necessary for me to get a good tone out of it. Starting with the amp controls and adding some effects step by step is the best way for me to create useful sounds also for live gigging when it has to cut through the band mix.

8. ChapJET

ChapJET TDPRI Member

I have the Floor and love it. Very flexible and user friendly. New to the forum.

9. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

Played a gig with a guy who used a Mustang FX rig.
    He was playing it in to his Fender 1 x 12 Hot Rod Deluxe.
    I think it sounded like it was worth the money he paid for it.

He is a seasoned Vet with decades of experience, he was happy as can be.

One of Fenders better efforts.

10. matt mcgriff

matt mcgriff TDPRI Member

My mustang floor is with the mail room guy here at my office hopefully on its way to my desk. Im looking forward to noodling around with it this weekend and dialing in some tones. I also bought a boss sd-1 overdrive to plug into the insert. Wanted a dedicated overdrive so I could use the stomp box for compression. I'll be plugging it in direct to a snake on most occasions but will also run it though the clean channel of my SCX2 head. Love the ease of dialing in the output mode and mono/stereo. Seems like a steal for $200 based on what I have read and seen.

11. matt mcgriff

Well, I got the Mustang Floor and have put it through its paces. I am by no means an electric player, so hard to really judge, but playing some simple rhythm parts and pentatonic scales the tones sounded great. I will be using it for occasional worship electric playing. I normally play acoustic, but every once in a while an electric part is needed and I am prepared. I took fenderguy53's advice on a previous post and dropped a few clean amp models, crunchy amp models and some lead patches in the first 10 slots. I added compression, delays, reverbs and choruses to all of the amp model banks saved to the off position, save the comp. I will be using my Boss OD pedal in the insert, so I'll have all of the options for the tones I need at hand. And the editing really was a breeze. I sold a Zoom G3 to fund this, and although the tones were great, editing what you had at hand, including the all important levels of what was mixed into a patch was a difficult task to achieve. It was almost feature paralysis. The mustang is much simpler and I can imagine if I am playing it out and need a wah, it will be real simple to just tweak it into use. Can't wait to use it live.

12. cbh5150

cbh5150 Tele-Meister

Already had a Mustang III, but I just picked up a Floor, mostly for the effects to go into another amp I had. However, I may just dump the other amps, keep the MIII and the Floor, and get a FRFR power speaker for it and use the models :).

13. HotRodJohnny

HotRodJohnny TDPRI Member

I have one that I've been running through a Ramparte amp and it sounds AWESOME.

14. matt mcgriff

Having a bit of an issue. I plug a boss overdrive into the insert loop and it sounds fine through my headphones. If I run the floor either out through the unbalanced into my amp or through the xlr into the snake I get a tremendous amount of noise. Only with the insert switched on. No noise otherwise. I ran the od pedal inline w my amp, no noise. It's strange because with the headphones it is quiet, but noisy otherwise? Can anyone help with this?

15. hoiguy79

hoiguy79 TDPRI Member

The fender mustang floor vs T-rex magnus? will be use to drive a fender excelsior amp and add effects? using fender telecaster. What you think guys would be best? Music to play from guns and roses to the winnery dogs rock style.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.