Fender Masterbuilt '52 Telecaster Heavy Relic - Dale Wilson

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by Groberts, Sep 11, 2019.

1. Muttly

Muttly TDPRI Member Silver Supporter

That thing is bad to the bone, I,m voting yes!!!

2. bo

bo Poster Extraordinaire

Gee, how'd that guitar get all that playing wear without getting any rust on the pickguard screws...a minor nit-that's a beautiful instrument. Buy it!

3. cravenmonket

cravenmonket Tele-Holic

Wonderful guitar. Looks like it has captured your heart, and it's channeling your soul when you play it. That is very rare my friend. Not many of us get an opportunity like that. Think of what you can do with that guitar - think of where it will take you, You found your soul-partner; don't let it get away or you'll regret it forever.

4. Calmac69

Calmac69 Tele-Meister

☆☆☆Didn't realise this is not a current thread. Doh !

Very cool. I haven't read right through the thread but if you havent already, just do it !

I have one of the eleven "52 Smoked Tele's" that Mr Wilson made for the 2011 NAMM show. "Telebration" year, the 60th anniversary of the Tele. His first guitars as a Fender Master Builder. Most definately a Uncle or cousin to the current "object of the Op's affection".

I also have photos and a letter from the owner of the original guitar that Dale Wilson based that run off of.

Mine is my absoloute pride and joy after my 63' Strat. I love the sound of the neck on the guitar that you've posted, with it's compund radius. The neck on mine is a behemoth, certainly an aquired taste. I struggle with it if I don't play it for a while but once it's out of the case it's my go to till the stings start to deminish and loose their sparkle. Then I generally can't be arsed fighting with restringing the bigsby and throw it back in the case.

That reminds me, I need to see if I can retro fit one of the newer string thru bars into the B16 ?

.......and just for ****s & giggles. Here is a likeness of my latest purchase, A 20' Parallel Universe Tele El Magico. Fingers crossed that she arrives down under sometime in November, and that my friends, will be my last Tele purchase........

No seriously.....[​IMG][​IMG][​IMG]

Sent from my SM-G970F using Tapatalk

Last edited: Jul 15, 2020
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.