Fender made in USA components, how many of these are made in the Mex factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

notmyusualuserid

Friend of Leo's
OK, so that we're clear. Fender, despite higher material, manufacturing and labour costs choose to make parts for production guitars in America but outsource replacement parts for the same guitars overseas?

lammie200

Friend of Leo's
OK, so that we're clear. Fender, despite higher material, manufacturing and labour costs choose to make parts for production guitars in America but outsource replacement parts for the same guitars overseas?
Overseas replacement parts for all kinds of Fender guitars. Also, it isn’t impossible to get some replacement parts that are made in Corona. Corona made replacement parts are priced higher than overseas made replacement parts. And, yes, Fender charges a premium for Corona made guitars to cover higher costs.

I can see someone come back and say that it doesn’t make sense for Fender to have replacement parts come from overseas if the replacement part will only fit a USA made guitar. I don’t know exactly how Fender works their agreements with overseas plants but it could be dependent on volume. Let’s say that a plant in Korea will make Jazzmaster bridges for import models of Jazzmasters. But that plant can’t operate because the demand volume for those bridges is too low to make operations feasible. Fender comes back and says that they will give them the specs to also make Jazzmaster bridges for the USA made Jazzmaster guitar model. Those two items combined have enough demand volume to allow the Korean plant to operate with feasibility.

Last edited:

notmyusualuserid

Friend of Leo's
se9v70zpe4x328x1cm4i.jpg
Same part number. Different origin.
s-l1600.jpg

Status
Not open for further replies.