Fender made in USA components, how many of these are made in the Mex factory?

Status
Not open for further replies.

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Yeah, I understood. It was just an observation. What're you so angry about?
Angry? Frusterated is more like it because It just gets tiring hearing uninformed replies that are so obviously wrong but the person states you are wrong in a condescending manner. Thats a common one i see all the time and it's offensive when incorrect because u r assuming and haven't done the homework. Thats how so much misinformation floods these internet forums. But he further goes on to say "ive seen it". If some things are USA made and he's seen that, all well and good. But don't just assume because u have seen some things made in the USA plant that ALL hardware is. It seems very naive to assume they are making hardware here for low to mid range guitars. That should be obvious just from a business POV, and they DO use mostly if not all asian suff on those. I believe it IS all but i won't state that as fact unless i am sure.

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Yeah, you're probably right.

0990818100.jpg

It was already stated that Fender doesn't make their own tuning machines. They never did. Even Leo Fender bought his tuners from Kluson. They even mentioned that on their factory tour. Are you even reading the posts in this thread or did you have more conjecture about Harley Davidson's production methods and how they apply to Fender?

jfgesquire

Friend of Leo's
Whats the point? Did you not understand what he said ?
"Wrong. They make all their own hardware. I've seen it"
Wow, you have reading comprehension issues In an earlier post, the same person posted the following:

"The ONLY things they do not make in house are the tuning machines and the pots/switches (which have been externally sourced going back to 1950). EVERYTHING else is made in house."

That was in an EARLIER post, so don't go trying to claim that he backpedaled and changed the story. That quote was from BEFORE you chose to cherry pick one sentence out of context.

What package were you showing as your PROOF? Tuners was it?

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
It was already stated that Fender doesn't make their own tuning machines. They never did. Even Leo Fender bought his tuners from Kluson. They even mentioned that on their factory tour. Are you even reading the posts in this thread or did you have more conjecture about Harley Davidson's production methods and how they apply to Fender?
Fine. But again, and for the last time, he said "Wrong. They make all their own hardware. I've seen it". I guess tuners are not considered hardware ? Look, it seems like no one will just leave what i said alone, but instead try and avoid admitting that what i replied to is fender makes ALL thier own hardware and my reply saying they don't make it all.

I think by now thats obviously true but i keep having to defend myself and no one will even elude to the fact he was wrong but instead would rather I be? I was replying to his statement which unless i'm missing something which seems impossible in such a short concise statement, he suggests ALL hardware, and tuners ARE hardware, are made in the fender plant. Come on man ! You don't have to say i was right, i actually don't care if you say that, but just stop trying to prove i am wrong. And whats comical is even tho at this point it's proven his statement is wrong, you go after me and never suggest his statement was wrong ! Now THATS good comedy ! Only on the web....

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
Wow, you have reading comprehension issues In an earlier post, the same person posted the following:

"The ONLY things they do not make in house are the tuning machines and the pots/switches (which have been externally sourced going back to 1950). EVERYTHING else is made in house."

That was in an EARLIER post, so don't go trying to claim that he backpedaled and changed the story. That quote was from BEFORE you chose to cherry pick one sentence out of context.

What package were you showing as your PROOF? Tuners was it?
Yeah. Heres a wonderful set of tuners for ya....

yzj1jdalc2r7eyszkgr4.jpg

Minivan Megafun

Tele-Afflicted
Silver Supporter
Fine. But again, and for the last time, he said "Wrong. They make all their own hardware. I've seen it". I guess tuners are not considered hardware ? Look, it seems like no one will just leave what i said alone, but instead try and avoid admitting that what i replied to is fender makes ALL thier own hardware and my reply saying they don't make it all.

I think by now thats obviously true but i keep having to defend myself and no one will even elude to the fact he was wrong but instead would rather I be? I was replying to his statement which unless i'm missing something which seems impossible in such a short concise statement, he suggests ALL hardware, and tuners ARE hardware, are made in the fender plant. Come on man ! You don't have to say i was right, i actually don't care if you say that, but just stop trying to prove i am wrong. And whats comical is even tho at this point it's proven his statement is wrong, you go after me and never suggest his statement was wrong ! Now THATS good comedy ! Only on the web....

I just think it's funny that you're in here telling everyone else they're wrong even though you have no direct knowledge. And wow, screenshots of Fender aftermarket parts isn't proof. As I stated in my previous post, when I was at Fender they showed us how they make all their parts (except tuners) just in time for assembly. They don't have a warehouse full of parts. So it's entirely reasonable that a number of their aftermarket retail packaged parts are made outside of the Corona plant.

Anyway I posted my direct observation and experience in an earlier comment and you came along and completely contradicted all of that. So yeah I view your posts as hostile as your entire reasoning was Harley does it so Fender must do it too.

2HBStrat

Friend of Leo's
AFAIK and FWIW Fender has always outsourced tuners, switches, and pots. And maybe other items. The difference now may be that the source of those products, due to no fault of Fender, is Asian rather than American.

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
1-I just think it's funny that you're in here telling everyone else they're wrong even though you have no direct knowledge.
2-So it's entirely reasonable that a number of their aftermarket retail packaged parts are made outside of the Corona plant.

1-So let me get this straight....fender puts "made in taiwan" or korea or etc etc even tho THEY made the part? Ok you have me there sir. Makes perfect sense.
2- And there ya go...thats what my iniial reply to "all hardware is made here, i've seen it" was about....all hardware is NOT made here. Please explain to ne how my reply was misinformed or untrue. And please, i don't want to hear reasoning you conjured up because you had to make it up for your argument to be valid like the above. Made in taiwan .....Please explain to me why fender would make a part then label it made in an asian country.

But again, why am i even debating you, this is NOT the point i was making. This debate is mostly a waste of time because you miss the point i have made so many times i can't count them....i was NOT replying to the thread, i was replying to a post that said ALL hardware was made here. It doesn't matter in the least whether someone said tuners aren't, u did NOT say "aside from tuners". I was replying to....well...do i have to quote your post yet again?! Not gonna, you go back and read it because apparently you didn't or are just unwilling to accept the truth, which is all the replies like yours to me are NOT understanding that i was replying to that one statement, NOT to the thread in general and it's that reply that brought fourth all the replies like yours. If you actually think every piece of hardware on every fender named product is made by them then u r clueless and theres nothing more to say. If you believe ANY of them aren't made here then why are u even arguing with me? If thats the case it invalidates what your post said, and thats ALL i was saying. But then i get all this....geez...

Fenderbaum

Tele-Meister
Didnt even think anything hardware is made in Ensenada.. I know little of it.
Even the wood they use down there comes from the Corona factory.

Reactions: Geo

fender4life

Friend of Leo's
I see your import trem and raise it with:
View attachment 966647
And your point? Did i say there are no USA parts? But if ya wanna take darrens site and show all the metal he lists as an official fender dealer and warranty station, you will see the majority of it actually is asian. A VERY VERY far cry from what i was debating. But this just goes on an on as replies like this come along to prove nothing that counters what i have said. Nothing. Not to mention that USA doesn't necassarily mean fender made it, only that it was made in this country. Taiwan, korea far as i know aren't even on the united states continent. :twisted:

warrent

Friend of Leo's
First of all guitars aren't cars there aren't 1000's of parts of various origins.
Some of the parts like tuners pots and jacks are brought in.
The pickguards at best can only be cut in house, Fender isn't in the plastics business.
But parts like bridges, trems, screws, springs, neck plates, shields, saddles, pickup covers and pickups are all made in the USA.

warrent

Friend of Leo's
And your point? Did i say there are no USA parts? But if ya wanna take darrens site and show all the metal he lists as an official fender dealer and warranty station, you will see the majority of it actually is asian. A VERY VERY far cry from what i was debating. But this just goes on an on as replies like this come along to prove nothing that counters what i have said. Nothing. Not to mention that USA doesn't necassarily mean fender made it, only that it was made in this country. Taiwan, korea far as i know aren't even on the united states continent. :twisted:
I'm not sure what point you're actually trying to make. The Asian made parts on the DR site are usually for non American made guitars.

Status
Not open for further replies.