1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Joe Strummer Tribute Tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Doth, Apr 20, 2013.

1. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Did Fender make more than one version of Joe's Tele? If so, what were the differences and what are their current values?

Thanks,
    Don

2. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

No, Fender have only released one Strummer model so far.

3. stevelaw_11

stevelaw_11 TDPRI Member

The few I've seen for sale were around $600-$800. Haha not sure if they sold them tho!
    I love strummer, but I think fender missed the mark on that one

4. xtrajerry

xtrajerry Doctor of Teleocity

First 100 (I believe that is the number) came with a pack of decals with the case candy. I bought 1 for $600 a year or 2 ago.. So ugly it looked good and that neck is totally awesome..

5. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

Its a shame that his signature guitar wasn't given more attention. I still think it is the worst relic job Fender has ever done. I had the opportunity to buy one for $500, but I wasn't sure if there was different models.

I did get to see the Strummer display at the Fender Visitor Center a few weeks ago.

[​IMG]

Thanks for the info

6. ID10T

ID10T TDPRI Member

I recently purchased a Joe Strummer telecaster used for $475.00. I found the guitar for sale on Craig's list. To make it even better, the person I purchased it from is a celebrity. This person is married to an even bigger celebrity (Movie Star). Fender gave him the guitar and he never really used it. When I purchased it, it was like new in the case. They also gave me autographed pictures. It was a great experience.

I love the guitar. The neck is one of the best I have played. Everything I said above is fully documented. I don't want to mention names to protect their privacy.

7. ID10T

ID10T TDPRI Member

It was the first 1500 that came with the decals. :)

8. Doth

Doth Tele-Afflicted

That's good to know. The seller didnt have the decals and was unaware of them. He had bought it brand new. That's why I was curious about the different possible versions.

I think I will keep a trigger price of $500 with all the case candy in tact. Seems just under market.

Thanks guys!

9. Joe M

Joe M Super Moderator Staff Member

Admin Post
    I bought one off CL a few months ago for $425. Had the original case in great shape. The guitar had hardly been played. I bought it mainly for a beater so I wouldn't have to worry about anything happening to it. Turns out to be a great playing and sounding guitar. Ironic thing is that I almost bought another one just like it two weeks before. It was at a GC and they were asking $675 for it. Thought it was a little high and, since I didn't "need" another guitar, I passed. Sure glad I did.

10. ID10T

ID10T TDPRI Member

$425 is a great price. I have checked ebay and other resources and have seen prices from $425 to $1050. The ones with the stickers and case candy are always priced higher.

This Tele has become my main guitar. This is coming from someone who owns a 1981 Gibson Les Paul goldtop. :)

11. Jeff R

Jeff R Tele-Holic

I made my own, no worries about the right price. Total investment was a couple rattle cans and a set of Keystones.

Attached Files:

12. ID10T

ID10T TDPRI Member

Very Nice! :)

13. lineboat

lineboat Friend of Leo's

I've had mine for years. Don't recall what I have in it, but it didn't matter at the time. I'll never get rid of it. Glad this came up; I'm gonna dig it out and play it!

14. arem

arem Tele-Meister

Here's a pic of the stuff that came with the first 1500...
    [​IMG]

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.