Fender Jazzmaster Pictures - Let's see em!

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by trackerdan, Jan 3, 2019.

1. trackerdan

trackerdan Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

Here is the Daphne Blue 60th anniversary Fender Jazz master I just bought. It looks and sounds great right out of the box. Can anyone name any single point of failure for the guitar staying in tune as it seems they or the Jaguars had issues over the years I heard about. Some even saying put a Mustang bridge in place of the factory Jazz master bridge? Thanks in advance. Jazzmaster1.1.jpg Jazzmaster1.jpg

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
  2. DonM

DonM Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

Very nice; congrats.

3. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Internet BS.
    The only reason any guitar has tuning issues is a badly cut nut.
    I have had numerous JM and JG guitars and never had any tuning issues.
    So if your, beautiful,JM has problems with staying in tune blame the nut and fix it.
    The Mustang bridge will not offer you better tuning stability, if your strings are popping out from the threaded saddles it will help you though....
    Of course a MASTERY or STAYTREM bridge will be the optimum solution, still the classic bridge CAN be set up if you use 11s or 12s and have the saddles high and the base low

4. trackerdan

trackerdan Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

I've only had slight trouble with the second string being out when taking it out of the case. After a quick tune I can play about 6-10 minutes then I have to touch up about four strings. I can't remember which ones right now. The neck is an awesome shape for my old hands still full but with such nice finish work on the binding and frets that it is a joy to play up and down the beautiful fretboard. The pickups start getting full and crunchy right away. so for small venue gigs this could be very nice. The tremolo has a very short range and long waspy handle. It is strictly for accents, so I hope I don't have to block it.

5. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

That's very pretty, trackerdan. I fell for JMs last year after 50 years of ignoring them completely.

I started with a Squier Vintage Modified, did a lot of changes, and learnt a lot about setting these interesting guitars up. Then I treated myself to an American Original 60s - best electric guitar I've ever had.

You wanted pictures?

20180906_113134.jpg 20180914_172805.jpg

Enjoy yours!

Treynor and brookdalebill like this.
  6. WingedWords

WingedWords Tele-Afflicted

Trackerdan, I meant to draw your attention to the JM Owners Club thread on this forum where there's lots of useful information and discussion about JMs. And pictures too.

http://www.tdpri.com/threads/jazzmaster-owners-club.303048/

My good chum James of James' Home of Tone here in the UK is a big JM fan and has helped me a lot. Here's a blog entry from his series about upgrading a Squier - this one deals with the various bridges available:

https://www.homeoftone.co.uk/blogs/news/the-offset-hot-topic-bridges

You'll probably come across Michael J Adams who's a bit of a JM guru. He's done articles on set up, like this:

https://www.premierguitar.com/articles/25516-diy-how-to-set-up-jazzmasters-jaguars?page=1

Having said that, my American Original is completely unmodified from the box (string changes excepted) and plays beautifully. I'm not sure whether your 60th Anniversary model has the same hardware.

Oh, and I love Daphne Blue!

Last edited: Jan 3, 2019
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.