Fender Jaguar Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by WingedWords, Jan 24, 2019.

1. Matthias

Matthias Friend of Leo's Gold Supporter

C4188574-A14D-45F5-9ECC-29194FDBA9B3.jpeg
    Didn’t take long to try a new look on mine! A Jaguar in a ‘62 Strat’s clothing... This is a Musiclily parchment guard, which does a decent impression of a nitrate mint

whoanelly15 likes this.
  2. bossaddict

bossaddict Tele-Meister

Here's my '64...

[​IMG]

mojek, Matthias, WingedWords and 2 others like this.
  3. whoanelly15

whoanelly15 Tele-Holic

I know that this was posted a while ago, and I recognize the other 2, but what is the one in the middle? Partscaster? How did you set up the switching?

4. KelvinS1965

KelvinS1965 Tele-Holic

Seems a quite thread, but I'll add my latest acquisition to it. After finishing my home assembled Esquire I fancied putting a single pickup short scale guitar together, however I decided that I'd be better off starting from a MIM Player Jaguar and just doing reversible mods to it.

It's working out cheaper that the parts would have been, especially as I had some of the parts that I intend to change on the Player (knobs, bridge pick up and some tinted clear nitro for the pale MIM neck).

I've already changed the knobs and didn't take a photo before, but this is the dealer picture:
    Jaguar Dealer 1.jpg

After the knob change and a bit of set up tweaking:
    Jag Chase 1.jpg

Close up:
    Jag modded pots.jpg

I'm going to buy either a B/W/B pickguard blank and use my existing as a template (minus the neck pickup, coil tap switch and 3 way switch holes), or I may be able to get one from a custom supplier already made like that. I'll get a matching black pickup surround.

I have a DiMarzio 36th Anniversary nickel covered humbucker which has 4 wires, so I will build up a separate wiring loom using a pull tone pot to switch between full and coil tap.

The nut needs a bit of dressing, but I have files and have made enough mistakes to have got better at refining slots. :) I might even change it for a bone one like I did on my Esquire.

I was thinking I'd refinish the neck with the same tinted clear nitro I use on my Esquire, but I actually quite like the satin finish on the back of the Jaguar neck, so I may just do the front of the headstock at some point.

whoanelly15 likes this.
  5. bossaddict

bossaddict Tele-Meister

Recently replaced by this '64...

[​IMG]

whoanelly15 and Skamania like this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.