Fender Introduces New Two-String, Five-Fret Design For Church Bassists

Discussion in 'Worship Service Players' started by wyclif, May 8, 2019.

Tags:
  1. Brian Wright

Brian Wright Tele-Meister

Funny:D

2. SBClose

SBClose Tele-Meister

They had me at decorative knobs

3. scooteraz

scooteraz Tele-Afflicted

That that is funny and going out to several with the praise team...

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

4. GoldieLocks

GoldieLocks Tele-Afflicted

Still one string too many.

5. mRtINY

mRtINY Tele-Afflicted

bass.jpg

Yep

6. Deeve

Deeve Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

skinny jeans sold separately. . .

7. JuneauMike

JuneauMike Friend of Leo's

Obviously, it arrived too late to spare one young man of "church discipline." Bad Kyle. Very bad.

Worship Bassist Placed Under Church Discipline For Venturing Onto Top String

[​IMG]

MIAMI, FL—Worship team bassist Kyle Woodward reportedly broke with church tradition Sunday morning by becoming the first known worship bass player in decades to actually utilize the high G string on his expensive bass guitar, sources confirmed Thursday.

“The moment just seemed right,” Woodward said after service. “I apologize. Usually I stay within the realm of orthodoxy—after all, if the E and A strings were good enough for the Psalmists, they’re good enough for me.”

But Woodward told reporters that the emotionally charged setting of the building pre-chorus in classic worship song “Mighty to Save” inspired him, and he let loose with an aggressive, funky slap bass line that transitioned smoothly into a walk down back to the root note for the chorus.

While witnesses called the riff a technically sound musical maneuver, many traditionalists were shocked and horrified that the bassist had parted ways with the beloved tradition of simplistic church bass lines.

“We’ve reviewed footage of Woodward’s little stunt up there,” a stern elder Bryce Etherton said in a statement to press. “And while yes, Kyle definitely laid it down like a boss, we’re placing him under our church discipline and restoration process for disregarding the clear regulative guidelines for bass usage in the context of the local church.”

At publishing time, Woodward had been relegated to the shaker to ensure he doesn’t try to pull something like that again anytime soon.

soundchaser59 likes this.
  8. 985plowboy

985plowboy Friend of Leo's

So many great things about the article.

9. GeoB

GeoB Tele-Holic

I would forward this to the praise team but the vocalists and the drummer wouldn't understand...

The keyboard player and I have both been around the block and we would get it. Right now in my church they have two 20 year old female vocalists picking the songs, they're arguing about their harmonies which are almost, non-existent. So I will weather this out too. We had a really good drummer on Lend-Lease from the mothership but he got Deaconized and no longer shows up so we incorporated a local lady who actually has a bread-and-butter beat going, and she does go into the sanctuary during the week and practice some.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.