Fender Hot Rod Deluxe

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by DLReed, Sep 24, 2019.

1. DLReed

DLReed Tele-Meister

I found what I believe to be a good deal on a Fender Hot Rod Deluxe 1x12 combo. I am not sure of the year but the badge on the front says Fender-Deluxe and the top portion under the dials is silver. The badge on the back says only Hot Rod Deluxe and it is Made In Mexico. Probably mid 2000s. Anyway, the seller is asking $300. It looks to be clean and the owner has not done anything to modify it. Next thing to do is test it out. What should I expect from this amp? I like a nice bluesy biting overdriven sound. How does the OD channel sound? I am not super interested in clean but since it has a clean channel I am hoping it pairs with a good fuzz, distortion, etc...
    Thanks for any input!

2. urbandefault

urbandefault Tele-Meister

I bought one new in 2004.

They're loud, take pedals well. Once the stock speaker breaks in it mellows a bit. IMO, don't bother with the Drive channel.

I think I paid $629. If everything works, I don't think $300 is bad. $250 is better. ;)

3. Les H

Les H Tele-Holic

I paid $300 for mine used in 2003. Mine was a MIA but I never knew the actual year of the amp.

If you're not super interested in the clean channel then I'd look for something else (Marshall DSL 40 1x12). The clean channel is about all it has going for it but it does that well.

4. peteb

peteb Friend of Leo's

Yes

You will probably prefer your pedals over the OD channel.

DLReed likes this.
  5. jonyorker

jonyorker Tele-Meister

If it’s too icepicky or your having a hard time dialing in sounds you like, a cannabis Rex speaker swap works absolute wonders

6. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Bad,in a bad way.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.