Fender guitars 2022 wish list (or: c'mon Fender, my wallet is ready)

ataylor

Tele-Meister
Here are a handful of guitars that if Fender announced would be new for 2022 I would buy with little to no hesitation (well, one of them at least, maybe not all of them):

Vintera series 69 Thinline Telecaster
Please, Fender, please give us a vintage-spec, Mexican-made 69 Thinline. Bonus points for car colors.

Limited-run Vintera series 50s Stratocaster in Aztec Gold or Mary Kaye blonde/gold
Because it would be awesome.

Any kind of Coronado, ideally more vintage-correct than the last one they did
The Coronado is sexy and we need new ones, preferably with a vibrato tailpiece. I'll even buy it in Antigua if I have to.

Tone Master Princeton Reverb
Okay, it's not a guitar, but still. I want the Tone Master feature set but don't want to pay for the normal channel and extra real estate of a Deluxe Reverb — I'm cool with a smaller 1x10.

Mustang "desktop" class amp
Something in-between their LT25 and their headphone amp. Basically a THR/Spark compete. I think it would make a ton of sense with Fender's digital initiatives.

Fender loop pedal
Also not a guitar. I like the Fender pedals. I'd be interested to see what they'd do with a looper.

Squier Mini Tele
Two of my kids have Mini Strats. They're fun. Can't help but think a Mini Tele would be rad.

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
(1) Change up the colors across the Vintera line. Ideally this should be done every year. The odd choice of custom colors on the current line just doesn't reach me.

(2) It has been suggested elsewhere that the AO line is on the way out, thanks to the Fender four year product cycle. If so, please replace with something more like the previous AV series, with vintage specs.

bgmacaw

Poster Extraordinaire
Mustang "desktop" class amp
Something in-between their LT25 and their headphone amp. Basically a THR/Spark compete. I think it would make a ton of sense with Fender's digital initiatives.

doyouacceptcash.gif

Si G X

Friend of Leo's
I'd like a Squier Affinity 12 string telecaster.

... not likely, but then I didn't expect an affinity Starcaster for under £300 either, so you never know I guess. :)

SixStringSlinger

Poster Extraordinaire
Squier Electric XII - Vintage-correct, except perhaps the bridge, but including the switching.

Squier Bass VI - Used one aren't hard to find, but they're getting expensive.

More locking trem-equipped Strats - Can be a Floyd, can be something else. More pickup options than just HSS.

loopfinding

Friend of Leo's
I’m with you on the thinline. I would buy one immediately. If they can’t swing ash, they should do a mahogany one for the natural.

tfarny

Poster Extraordinaire
A tonemaster tweed would be pretty cool. Or a new Fender version of the Squier '51. A cheap but decent Baritone tele or a Bender tele would be fun. Those would all be cool. But honestly? I don't think I would buy any of them as my Fender needs are pretty well covered.

Mekhem

Tele-Holic
Didnt they do a 50's mary kaye this year?

Also:
PV/AV Late 60's Offsets
More Guitars for with the CuNfie WRHB (Say..... possibly a red Ranaldo JazzBlaster?!?!?!?)
A decent Meteora
A nice 57 V with a rosewood neck
The last couple of Parallel universe runs were interesting - especially the models with the updated coil tap humbuckers
Hopefully they do something with the AO series. I loved the PV series and by all accounts the AO's are great - vintage with some modern stuff.

Last edited:

tele_pathic

Friend of Leo's
Ad Free Member
A 20-25 watt Tonemaster amp, like a princeton, without the "normal" channel, or like a DR TM with only the "second" channel, that weighs about 20 lbs, with a 10" or 12" Celestion Neocream speaker that costs ~$700, not 1200. I'd buy that tomorrow.

Opt_234

Tele-Meister
im just hoping fender keeps going the path they're going. they are just killing it and i love it.