Fender Fuse Software discontinued?

Willie Johnson

Friend of Leo's
Posted this in another thread---try the Remuda app for SCX2; an older version for the Mustang didn't work on the SCX2, but the new one does. I'm on android, and while the interface is different (and I accidentally overwrote my mids setting on channel 1 the first time using it), it's a handy tool. Remember that you can always factory reset the amp by holding down the tap button.

If you're grossed out by plugging a tube amp into a smartphone, well, I kinda am too, but it's worth doing at least once, just to adjust that mids setting built into the DSP on channel 1; I suspect Fender did that for the benefit of the showroom floor. I've also messed around with the SuperSonic 22 voice and got it sounding pretty good; I should have a go at the vintage voices some time as well.

Djentleman Dan

Tele-Holic
I had the same problem as MadsHilde. Well I had Fuse which worked with my Superchamp X2. Today I found it wouldn't open. So I trashed it and downloaded it again. After installation there is still no Fuse application to be found.

Given that you can only adjust the mids via Fuse, this app shouldn't be elusive. I'm finding I want adjust those mids and yet there's no way for me to do so now. What if I'd left em on 0. That would suck.

I've seen a couple posts online where the user switched his account to 'visitor' in win 10 and for some reason, Fuse worked again.
And I've seen posts about MS Silverlight being the issue.

Can you try and install it on another computer to see if the app shows up?

dkhump711

TDPRI Member
Thanks for the download link @ZenGuitarist!
*Now I don’t have to figure out which computer I previously had it loaded on.
Just bought a used SCX2 Head and was gonna have to go looking for FUSE.

Was great to make my own presets - featuring settings that I wanted to return to.
So can you still download above link and tweak parameters? I recently bought a Ravin Cajun Ltd tweed like New condition. 2 4,5, and 9 are decent but the rest really need some help! Great Eminence speaker like the amp but Fender kind of fudged on many of the presets. Any feedback welcome!

Pasta Player

Tele-Meister
Just clicked on that link (for Mac) provided by @ZenGuitarist and the download did begin -
so I assume that it is still possible to download it.

Of course any link back to Fender and the presets that were once offered there are probably not possible...

Djentleman Dan

Tele-Holic
So can you still download above link and tweak parameters? I recently bought a Ravin Cajun Ltd tweed like New condition. 2 4,5, and 9 are decent but the rest really need some help! Great Eminence speaker like the amp but Fender kind of fudged on many of the presets. Any feedback welcome!

Did the link work? Because I promise once you see how easy it is to make your own custom setups and save them to the amp you'll never bother with any of the voices that came with the amp...

Five Aces

Tele-Meister
Very disappointing that Fender consistantly lacks even minimal support to its loyal customers! I've been use to getting around without Fuse for my (antique?) GDEC-30. I think Fuse was created when the GDEC first appeared! Non the less, the GDEC-30 was capable of doing almost everything at the amps controls once you got the hang of it! Still using it and acquired & saved lots of presets & backtracks on the SD card.
Recently, I replaced the speaker with a Emi Ramrod and it was the best decision ever! Not missing Fuse and, IMO my GDEC is still incredibly functional and competitive with some of the latest modeling amps (Tone Masters excluded). Think I'll be keeping it a while longer!

Djentleman Dan

Tele-Holic
Anyone know if the fuse software has an Orange amp cab sim?

Found a list of what Fuse has for Mustang models (I know it's slightly different than my SCx2). "British Color" is (allegedly) an Orange Custom Shop:

The Fender Mustang features 17 amp models:

• '60s Thrift = Sears 1964 Silvertone
  • American '90s = Mesa/Boogie Dual Rectifier
  • British '60s = VOX AC30
  • British '70s = Marshall 1959SLP (Super Lead Plexi)
  • British '80s = Marshall JCM 800
  • British Color = Orange Custom Shop
  • British Watts = HiWatt 100 DR103
  • Fender '57 Deluxe
  • Fender '57 Champ
  • Fender '57 Twin
  • Fender '59 Bassman
  • Fender '65 Deluxe Reverb
  • Fender '65 Princeton Reverb
  • Fender '65 Twin Reverb
  • Fender Super-Sonic (Burn) = Fender Super-Sonic 22
  • Metal 2000 = Peavey 5150
  • Studio Preamp = No modeling ("clean" Fender Mustang amp)

Djentleman Dan

Tele-Holic
Very disappointing that Fender consistantly lacks even minimal support to its loyal customers! I've been use to getting around without Fuse for my (antique?) GDEC-30. I think Fuse was created when the GDEC first appeared! Non the less, the GDEC-30 was capable of doing almost everything at the amps controls once you got the hang of it! Still using it and acquired & saved lots of presets & backtracks on the SD card.
Recently, I replaced the speaker with a Emi Ramrod and it was the best decision ever! Not missing Fuse and, IMO my GDEC is still incredibly functional and competitive with some of the latest modeling amps (Tone Masters excluded). Think I'll be keeping it a while longer!

Fuse still works like it always has - they just aren't updating it anymore.

(Not that I disagree with you about Fender's lack of support)

Five Aces

Tele-Meister
Fuse still works like it always has - they just aren't updating it anymore.

(Not that I disagree with you about Fender's lack of support)

I can't speak from my experience, since I haven't bothered to use it in ages. But as I understand, since Fender dropped all support of it, that means as Windows10 continually updates, if there is any sw errors as a result, you are likely screwed unless users find a temporary workaround. So depending on your existing PC hardware + OS update version, IT WILL eventually fail. Plus, community links no longer work? As I figure it, the only safe bet is to have a dedicated PC/Laptop with an early Win10 version and never update since the last few years of support. I've been that route before... it will prolong its use a few years until your laptop finally fails, SW crashes, or amp dies. About as sure as taxes & dying (and now, technology).... just sayin'

Djentleman Dan

Tele-Holic
I can't speak from my experience, since I haven't bothered to use it in ages. But as I understand, since Fender dropped all support of it, that means as Windows10 continually updates, if there is any sw errors as a result, you are likely screwed unless users find a temporary workaround. So depending on your existing PC hardware + OS update version, IT WILL eventually fail. Plus, community links no longer work? As I figure it, the only safe bet is to have a dedicated PC/Laptop with an early Win10 version and never update since the last few years of support. I've been that route before... it will prolong its use a few years until your laptop finally fails, SW crashes, or amp dies. About as sure as taxes & dying (and now, technology).... just sayin'

Absolutely excellent points - I have definitely read that (IIRC) Lightroom can blow it up. And thinking of it like a ticking time bomb just motivated me to make a few more voices and save 'em to the amp.

ZenGuitarist

Tele-Afflicted
If you have an Android device, check out Remuda it's an app that allows you to control Mustang amps from a phone/tablet. Much better than Fuse and still supported, I use it on my V2 Mustang, it may work on yours as well.
I'm quoting this post from earlier in this thread as a reminder that Remuda is an Android app available for tweaking settings on your Mustang. It's a paid app but the author has thoughtfully provided a free version with limited functionality called Remuda Lite which you can use to test if the app will work with your device. You'll need an OTG cable to use with this app.

I just tried out Remuda Lite with my Mustang III V2 and it works for me! I plan to buy the full version.

Five Aces

Tele-Meister
I'm quoting this post from earlier in this thread as a reminder that Remuda is an Android app available for tweaking settings on your Mustang. It's a paid app but the author has thoughtfully provided a free version with limited functionality called Remuda Lite which you can use to test if the app will work with your device. You'll need an OTG cable to use with this app.

I just tried out Remuda Lite with my Mustang III V2 and it works for me! I plan to buy the full version.

Does anyone know if the Remuda app would work with the GDec amps? The GDec series amps also worked with the now discontinued FUSE s/w.

Five Aces

Tele-Meister
You could always download Remuda Lite (it's free) to test it out yourself.

Actually, I was able to contact the programmer of "Remuda" directly and I'm glad to tell GDEC owners that he is indeed already looking into it and expecting to have a first release that will work with the GDEC3 by the end of this May! It will only be available for Android. This is great news for GDEC owners because even though it is an older model, it is closely in line with the Mustang series amps and its technology,, and is well worthy of still being supported.

Five Aces

Tele-Meister
Does anybody know if I can restore band tracks on a Gdec 3 30?

1) If you've backed them up on an SD card, you can manually restore them one by one.
2) if you have the original band track files on your PC (by obtaining a copy from someone), you can connect to the GDEC via a USB cable and manually transfer (via copy and paste) them back to the memory of the GDEC. The GDEC will appear as just another storage device within Windows.
3) As a last resort, reflash the GDEC version and it will be restored as you got it when new. You'd need to download the flash file if it's still available.

Download the GDEC advanced manual for details how to do most of this. Use Google to find the manuals and files. Fender may still have these files but they dropped their support for the GDEC series Amps and the FUSE software.

wcmicroter

TDPRI Member
I still use Fuse on Windows 10 pcs for my Mustang 1v2 and I also use the Remuda app. I own one of the Fender Passport Mini portable amp/pa which also uses Fuse...still works fine but the Remuda app does not work for it...I contacted the Remuda creator and asked about adding the Passport Mini and he is looking into that too...