1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender foot switch can adapt?

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Craig Williams, Dec 1, 2020.

1. Craig Williams

Craig Williams Tele-Meister

I got a Superchamp XD, can use a Fender foot switch to change channel or turn effects on or off. Only interested in the channel switching really.

I believe the correct foot switch is P/N 0071359000. impossible to get where I am here

I do have one P/N 0050419000

I cant find any wiring diagrams but the one I have has 1) channel switch and 2) Drive/More drive switch.

I plugged it in and it indeed seems to switch the channels ok but seems to have locked out my effects and depressing the drive switch makes no difference. Is there anyway I can rewire the drive switch to switch effects or if I disconnected one of the wires off the drive switch would that disable it?

Cant seem to find any wiring diagrams on the internet

Hmmm, I just pulled it apart and may not be as straight forward as I thought. A PC board with several resistors and 6 pin switch. I thought it would be a straight 2 pole on off switch with ground to pin or something. Is a mono lead ok or a stereo lead / jacks required?

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.