Fender elite tele

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Amon, Sep 18, 2019.

1. Amon

Amon TDPRI Member

Hey lads and lasses,

so, recently I have been soaking up tele data from all over the web, visited a bunch of shops in and around Tokyo,
    and one of the models that both my GF and myself were interested in (not really thinking about buying now, but definitely on the one day list) was the elite model in Aged Cherry Burst.

Every video I have watched makes it sound awesome, so I felt I had to go check out the real thing. The one I saw live was a black model, but surprisingly, all I can say about its sound is "loud".
    Louder than my MIJ, louder than my GF's Nashville, louder than everything else in that shop, except for a 2019 Schecter, which makes sense (right?)

I was also curious about the parallel switch, but again, the only words I can find to describe that is "even louder".

Every other guitar on the same amp with the same settings sounded a lot of things, for which I could find more adjectives, but I'm kind of confused as to why that Elite was an instant no-thank-you.

Overall, that Elite sounded very "Fender" to me, which is a good thing and something I can definitely appreciate when lined up with Tokai's and Momose's, but I'm really surprised by how underwhelmed I feel.

is it just me? maybe a bad sheep?

2. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister

I really like the look of the elite but I'm not a fan of the pickups (noiseless). So thinking more now about an American Original or a Custom Shop. Or maybe one of those new MIJ Hybrids - they should be everywhere in Tokyo!

Cheers

Amon likes this.
  3. Nick Fanis

Nick Fanis Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

You didn't like the pickups,they aren't classic single coil tele pickups but noiseless humbuckers.
    The parallel/series switch puts the pickups in series when engaged IN ORDER for them to be "louder".
    If you really like/love how it feels and plays there is no actual law against changing the pickups to something more traditional and twangy :)

Last edited: Sep 19, 2019
    Amon likes this.
  4. Fluddman

Fluddman Tele-Meister

I had the previous model, when they were still called a 'deluxe' not an 'Elite'. I sold it to a mate who really liked the noiseless pickups - he uses it a lot for recording but also plays with a lot of gain. So it makes sense he would prefer this to a more vintage design.

Amon likes this.
  5. Mick Sullivan

Mick Sullivan TDPRI Member

I traded my Elite in for a Performer. Elite was too much for me, pick ups too harsh. And I prefer a standard modern C neck. Shame, really, because the Elites are stunning looking.

Amon and Fluddman like this.
  6. Amon

Amon TDPRI Member

oh interesting! I was just wondering how good those 4th gen noiseless were.

7. Amon

Amon TDPRI Member

thanks! that's such an interesting part of guitars... I'm still caught between what people expect them to sound like Versus buying a tele for the body and taking it wherever it goes.

8. Amon

Amon TDPRI Member

thanks! Hmm, two comments in a raw against noiseless... good to know.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.