Fender Custom Shop Dealer Select Wildwood "10" '51 Nocaster NOS

Discussion in 'Fender Custom Shop Tele Forum' started by benji657, Nov 25, 2015.

1. benji657

benji657 TDPRI Member

Hey all, new guy here...where to begin...

I'm at the point where I've come full circle in terms of gear...just a simple amp/guitar/small functional pedalboard. I was mostly a Gibson/PRS guy with a 57AVRI strat for backup. Why? I'm ashamed to say I thought a Tele was a weak sounding guitar. Planky, ice-picky, and weak...or at least it sounded like that when I played it...you know the saying about how a bad workman blames his tools?...Yeah how guilty I was.

One day I woke up with a fierce bug for a particular Nocaster played by Greg Koch @ Wildwood guitars...(damn guy he'd make you buy anything)....AND IT WAS SOLD :mad:

But it was a blessing in disguise because some time later, the same guitar popped up on my local trading post (I'm not in the U.S. currently) for a price that I could not pass. I sold everything I hadn't used for the past couple of months and drove over 100km in the dead of the night to bring this baby home. I'm sick as a dog right now. This is so goood.

I wanted this particular one because of the 10" radius and 6105 frets and thinner 60s neck (even though some would say it's not a nocaster anymore with a thinner neck...well hey you, my guit has a 60s neck and fender/wildwood calls it a nocaster so that's there). By the way, even though I call it thin it's still plenty of wood to hold on to...I also wanted the NOS version so I could do the relicing myself :D

How shall I describe this majestic plank of wood...perfect neck size...nice flatter fretboard radius, large frets, neck pickup that eats my strat's neck pickup and bridge pickup that leaves me Gibson for dead, lighter than my hollowbody, has the durability of a nokia, and the looks of a toasted piece of bread that gets me salivating everytime I look at it. I'm also about 20 effects pedals poor, and believe me that is a good thing.

Ok I'll shut up now.

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

Hack job because I'm too damn excited.

Peter

2. Shnook

Shnook Tele-Meister

Congrats on getting the guitar you wanted. Sometimes things are just meant to be. It looks great and sounds just as it should. Enjoy!!!

3. igore67

igore67 TDPRI Member

Very nice! I have an aged WW 51 as well.

4. telex76

telex76 Doctor of Teleocity Ad Free Member

Congrats.

5. Steve_U1S

Steve_U1S Tele-Afflicted Ad Free Member

That is an awesome group of features; your shopping list and mine would be the same - I'm sure I'd enjoy playing this particular version.
    Stunning looks; outstanding specs.
    Congrats - glad it worked out for you.

6. Tele2

Tele2 TDPRI Member

Awesome. I'm biding my time but a nocaster is on my shopping list.

7. aquaboi924

aquaboi924 Tele-Meister

Wow. Congrats!!

8. rebelwoclue

rebelwoclue Poster Extraordinaire Ad Free Member

Sounds like the perfect Nocaster for me!
    Congrats!

9. Camo

Camo TDPRI Member

Very very nice , congrats .
    Yeh I love the wildwood demos to , know what you mean . Enjoy !

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.