Fender Custom Shop 51 Nocaster decals

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Cus2310, Jan 1, 2014.

1. Cus2310

Cus2310 Tele-Meister

Anyone that has one confirm for me if they aall look as non transparent as this one

[​IMG]

2. superbadj

superbadj Poster Extraordinaire

What's with the nut on that? Odd color.

3. polvotone

polvotone Tele-Meister

Brass.

4. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

Here's mine, excuse the missing G string - busted it at midnight during a raucous version of Auld Lang Syne!:cool:

[​IMG]

5. Rhomco

Rhomco Friend of Leo's Ad Free Member

Looks like

Someone has over sprayed the neck with a toner to make it look older. The nut and the decal appear to be covered in color.
    Rob

6. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

If the Nocaster is a Relic then the decal will also be relic'd using a darker backing film, the NOS versions have the clear transparent type as if the guitar is new. Personally I've never seen an Vintage Fender with that dark decal, a bit over the top IMO.

7. campfire

campfire Tele-Meister

decal

I have a '95 Nocaster relic (Cunnetto) and the decal looks nothing like that. It is much more transparent. However, it's set against a very dark birds-eye headstock that almost matches the decal in your picture. Almost 20 years of playing in smokey clubs has darkened and wrinkled the decal, too.

8. Luthier Atlanta

Luthier Atlanta Tele-Afflicted

My guess is the finish under the waterslide has been protected hence the stronger truer aged coloring.

9. Twang Tone

Twang Tone Friend of Leo's

Looks like a legit Relic transfer to me. My Nocaster's a Closet Classic, and so not as pre-worn looking as the Relic Nocaster, and therefore more transparent as the maple neck has more of a white/clear tint to it. But yep. I've seen more than one Relic with a Fender logo like that. Note the attention to detail: the straight edge along the bottom of the transfer, where the supposed 'Broadcaster' would have been clipped off. Nocasters are the best Teles Fender makes, IMO.

Thanks,

10. dan79

dan79 Tele-Holic

+1 :cool:

11. Cus2310

Cus2310 Tele-Meister

Yeah it is a legit model being sold from one of the UK's biggest online musical stores, GAK. It is not the one I want to buy though. I just wanted to be sure they did not all come like this as standard as that would be a deal breaker as I do not like that look at all.
    The one I want is a Pre-owned model at an other store but the pics dont show the decal very well

12. TeleToTheRain

TeleToTheRain Tele-Holic

what a coincidence, I busted a G string during a raucous session ringing in the new year too!

13. LeroyBlues

LeroyBlues Tele-Holic

I guess G strings were being played heavily that evening.:eek:

14. Henfield Tele

Henfield Tele Tele-Holic

I played that very guitar in GAK this week, it's a stunner in the flesh so to speak, and plays superbly as I would expect. Didn't really notice the colour on the decal.
    Trouble was I am undecided between that one and a CS burgundy mist Strat relic with a nocaster neck which is equally stunning, so going to give it a week to think on it. Quite unusual for me generally very impulsive!

15. Cus2310

Cus2310 Tele-Meister

Do not get me started on trying to choose a guitar :mad: I have been wanting a AVRI 52 for ages now, just about to pull the trigger on one and then this 51 pops up and blows that idea out the window :lol:

Here is the Nocaster I want, I don't know yet if the bucker is stock or was added later

[​IMG]

16. TeleToTheRain

TeleToTheRain Tele-Holic

Yeah, luckily I found a couple just laying around the next morning

Gorgeous 51!

17. tonyj

tonyj Tele-Afflicted

None of the decals I have seen so far, have the 'darker' background that Cus2310's decal has, but neither do they all have the letter 'r' in Fender 'chopped off' as much as mine has been.

Personally, if all else checks out including the Serial Number of the guitar, which the folks at the Fender Customer relations, or your trusted dealer will verify, I wouldn't be missing a moments sleep over this 'anomaly'.

Not too sure how authentic the 'HB' is in a RI'd Nocaster though. Doesn't seem to fit the description of the guitar to me.

Pick the guitar you want based on the 'sound and feel' you want, or if you want a true replica, then make sure it is a replica and not a hybrid of some kind, and comes with a COA etc.. RI's and relic'd guitars normally carry a premium. Pay for what you are getting.

My '09 Lim. Ed CS Relic'd 1951 'Nocaster' with the chopped off 'Broadcaster' decal.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]

18. Mightyaxeman

Mightyaxeman Tele-Afflicted

What's with the tuners on that guitar. Looks like a bad relic job.

19. russ

russ Tele-Meister

Here's an original decal..
    [​IMG]

20. Chris H.

Chris H. Tele-Afflicted

Again, nothing wrong with this Decal only Fenders unrealistic relicing.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.