Fender Champion 50XL Owners Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by Fendereedo, Apr 5, 2020.

1. Fendereedo

Fendereedo Poster Extraordinaire

Anyone else out there feeling the love for these amps? I've had mine about 8 months now and love it to bits. There are a few FX I'm not blown away by (wah and flanger are a bit meh), but I rarely use FX at all these days. The Fender cleans are really good, but I rarely if at all use anything else these days. Pics when I can.

Fretting out likes this.
  2. VerySlowHand

VerySlowHand Tele-Holic

Can't join the club as I'm only considering one, but I'll pass on some praise:

Andertons did a good review, vs a Katana, with Danish Pete and Rabea (a BOSS fan, if not endorsed by them). Pete owns the Katana but reckoned the Champion was better. Rabea's face, when having to admit the Fender sounded better, was a picture... it was like: "OMG, BOSS are gonna kill me".

Another You Tube reviewer said the Champion 50XL sounded more '3D' than the Mustang.

Fendereedo likes this.
  3. Fretting out

Fretting out Friend of Leo's

If these things are that good, I commend fender for making the champion series better

I have a champion 100 and put it on the recent “your worst gear” thread

Fendereedo likes this.
  4. 440mhz

440mhz TDPRI Member

I've had my 50XL for 6 months and I love it. I wanted an amp without all the bling and I usually play on the clean channel. Sounds really nice with my Nashville. Best little practice amp I've had.

Fendereedo likes this.
  5. mechanicdave

mechanicdave Tele-Holic

Way many years back a had a little red knob princeton I kept around for quick practice sessions and a no worry light weight take around amp. The convience of instant on and , for that amp, a nice warm sound was a win win. Sold it to a friend for his son, kinda regreted it not much later.
    Ive watched a few videos featuring the 50XL and it seems like a lot of amp for the money. I dont play anywhere near as much as I use to but I would like to sit down with one for session and see and hear it for myself. What more do you really need?

6. harpdog

harpdog Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Very happy with mine...I was gigging with it till this Covid deal.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.