Fender Capricorn Amp, ever heard of it?

SheldonP

Tele-Meister
Gold Supporter
I haven't seen one of those in decades. I don't remember many people being enamored with the sound of CBS' solid state attempts. If I recall correctly, those things had JBL D-120 speakers. A lot of people robbed the speakers and junked the amps.

Telekarster

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Ironically, I think I came across that amp just the other day and remember thinking to myself "WTH is a Capricorn???" LOL!!! I thought it was a joke or something.... Nope, I've never even heard of one.

corliss1

Poster Extraordinaire
Gold Supporter
Yup - Fender's solid state series from the late 60s. Not very highly regarded, and usually a fraction of the price of any tube amp from the era.

naveed211

Friend of Leo's
Haha, so terrible vintage solid state amp that’s not well-regarded. (But...but...it’s RARE!)

Without even looking I was betting it was listing for over a grand. Edit: Yup, $1500.

Gotta love this market. Oh wait, no you don’t.

Tele-friend

Tele-Afflicted
Capricorn... no.
But unicorn fairydust sprayed over some op-amp chips in a boutique pedal. Yeah, that I have heard of ;)

Tim S

Tele-Afflicted
Gold Supporter

David Barnett

Doctor of Teleocity
Ad Free Member
Apparently the Zodiac amps were the same circuits as the previous Solid State versions of the Twin Reverb, Super Reverb and such, repackaged.

qkzph29j2bt9olcipb0w.jpg

gp0lahzmguqxdja09cz4.jpg