Fender cables

Discussion in 'Bad Dog Cafe' started by znanjeiimanje, Mar 26, 2020 at 10:01 PM.

1. znanjeiimanje

znanjeiimanje TDPRI Member

I was recently looking for a new cable and since I couldn't find any meaningful information on the differences between Fender brand of cables, I went ahead and bought one of the Custom Shop cables. Since I already have the Deluxe Series cable I wanted to show the differences I found: 819e2fab-be9b-43e3-ae24-dbffe1c82dcf.jpg

The Custom shop cable is significantly thinner and not as flexible as the Deluxe one (reminds me of one old Vox cable I had which was coiling up like crazy). Deluxe also has gold plated jacks and the jacks on Custom Shop seem to be covered in plastic wrap (a thing I hate when one day I need to repair the cable).

Actually the price difference was really small and I believe it would have been better if I went for the Deluxe version.

I just wanted to post this in case anyone else has the same dilemma one day.

Fendereedo and dswo like this.
  2. String Tree

String Tree Doctor of Teleocity

If it sounds good, it must be the right cable!

Fendereedo likes this.
  3. bumnote

bumnote Tele-Meister Ad Free Member

If you like the fabric covered cables, check out Pig Hog.
    I like the look of the fabric coverings and they're priced pretty reasonably. I prefer to have one straight end and one angled and they have this with I believe all their colors.
    I've got a couple and have been happy with them.
    https://www.bing.com/shop?q=pig+hog+cables&FORM=SHOPTB

Fendereedo and znanjeiimanje like this.
  4. Milspec

Milspec Friend of Leo's Silver Supporter

I have a few of those laying around and they look really nice, but they are just a typical China made cable with hit / miss quality. I am a sucker for cloth covered cables and just ended up making several out of Mogami cable and cloth wraps purchased online. The braided covers I found are all patterned after snakes, so there are some really cool looks out there.

For a really inexpensive yet well built cable, give South Creek Audio a try. I have 4 cables that are about 8 years old now and despite being abused, have not had any failures. Just no braided covers on those.

5. dreamingtele

dreamingtele Friend of Leo's

I got a custom shop cable in tweed.. paid like 20 bucks for it.. I was in a hurry trying to find a cable for a gig so i looked for a good cable near me that I can pass by on the way to a gig.. its nice.. i like it. though Im not the one whos gonna spend big bucks on a super expensive boutique cables..

the right angle plug also works through a tele jack hole without problems.. but Im just used on using the straight plug end..

[​IMG]

Fendereedo likes this.
  6. Telecasterless

Telecasterless Friend of Leo's

Nothing irritates me more than a cable that coils up like a garden hose. I bought a fairly costly Mogami (because I thought it would help reduce floor noise) and the thing constantly coils up like a hose. Drives me nuts. And although it may last forever, it's no quieter than any other cable.

That custom shop cable sounds like a good deal for $20.

Fendereedo likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.