1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Bullet Owners Club

Discussion in 'Guitar Owners Clubs' started by jays0n, Jun 18, 2009.

1. minnsy229

minnsy229 TDPRI Member

Hi there

Just came across these links by accident, but I actually built the guitar that Alex from Two Door Cinema used on Jools Holland. What would you like to know? As I think you may find the info interesting!!!

2. jays0n

jays0n Tele-Meister

Whoa, yeah, anything you can tell us is great. Is the guard stripped for a reason? Coated? Pickups stock? Does Alex always play a Bullet? Are you his guitar tech? Is it enough? Really if you could give us the history of that Bullet and Alex it would be fantastic. Thanks for joining in.

J

3. jtees4

jtees4 Tele-Afflicted

I have an early 80's Fender USA case which i have been led to believe is a Bullet case (I wasn't really familiar with Fender Bullets until now). I am not actively trying to sell it, but if anyone needs one and wants to make an offer let me know, I understand that can be hard to find.

4. yoreel

yoreel Banned

Great stuff, we would find it very interesting, Jay has said it all really .....

From my point of view, I am a great follower of new talent in the UK & their album "Tourist History" is one of the best albums to grace our ears lately, it is always playing in my house & full of natty little hooks.
    Also its always great to hear bands making great music with guitars that are not the usual tool of choice.

5. Gaolee

Gaolee Tele-Meister

I couldn't agree more with this. Any time a band uses equipment of any kind that's unusual or unexpected, it's great. Ornette Coleman and Don Cherry used toy instruments to make great jazz in the early 1960s. Music can come out of anything used to make music.

6. Sithspit

Sithspit TDPRI Member

Evening all. I was gifted with a Bullet in what I consider deplorable condition about 10 years ago, and have removed the previous owners applied stickers, rust, dirt, grime, etc. Now, she's beautiful and plays...well, she's just amazing.

Here's a few pics:
    Does anyone know what year she is, based on the serial? I can't remember what was under the neckplate when she was being cleaned up, but the serial is an E1, not a Squier. Take a look please?
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

Thanks, and thanks for a great forum! It's very informative!

7. Sithspit

Sithspit TDPRI Member

Wow...looks just like mine, only a different serial.

8. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Welcome to the club sithspit. Your Bullet has the telecaster-style body, which makes it 1981-82. I have a strat-style ('82-83) in the same colour scheme.

9. Sithspit

Sithspit TDPRI Member

Thanks Goonie! I've heard that color called "blonde" before; I don't know if that's the official name. I've been searching through the forum and reading everyone's posts to learn more; thanks for clearing up the year a bit more. I've heard so many different things, I had no clue what was the real deal: "It's got E1, so it's an '81!" "It's got 'E' and the last digit is a 3, so it's an '83!"

Does anyone know how many of the '81-'83 models were made before they started making them overseas?

10. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

According to this brochure for the series 2 guitarsb the colour is called ivory

[​IMG]

11. Fendman

Fendman NEW MEMBER!

My Bullet Deluxe

Hi, I am new to the forum,and have enjoyed reading all the info..didn't realise there were so many models of this great little giutar with different bridges,pu's etc.
    I have a Bullet Deluxe I bought 30 years ago it was actually second hand but was only a few weeks old.
    As far as i can determine this guitar has never had anything changed on it so it is completely original. Anyway I will let you guys be the judge. I just think it is fantastic,I play it more than my Std Strat 2001:)

Attached Files:

12. drunkelvis

drunkelvis NEW MEMBER!

All,

I found out from page 338 this site (http://www.woolbrightvideo.com/files/forums/SquierSpecs.pdf) that this guitar is a Squier Contemporary Bullet HST (1st Version).

Below are all the available specs:

Contemporary Bullet HST (1st Version)
    Model Number:
    Model Name:
    Series: Bullet
    Colors: Black, White
    Body: Solid Slab Single-Cutaway
    Neck Shape:
    Neck Material: Maple
    Neck Plate:
    Number of Frets:
    Fret Size:
    Fretboard Radius:
    Fretboard Material: Maple
    Nut Width:
    Scale Length:
    Pickup Configuration: H/S/S
    Pickups: 1 Humbucking Pickup (Bridge) (Black Coverless), 2 Single-Coil
    Pickups (Middle, Neck) (Black Cover)
    Pickup Switching: 5-Way Switch
    Controls: Volume, Tone
    Hardware:
    Tuners:
    Bridge: Two-pivot Bridge
    Pickguard: None
    Unique Features: Truss-rod Adjuster At Body, 1 String-Guide, Side-Mounted
    Output Jack, Stratocaster-Style Headstock, “Bullet” Written on Headstock
    MSRP:
    Country of Origin: Japan
    Introduced: 1985
    Discontinued: 1986

Thanks to everyone for all the help!

13. dqami

dqami Tele-Holic

They also made that model in Korea w/ the Bullet decal. Great neck and ply body.

14. goonie

goonie Friend of Leo's

Nice guitar Fendman! They are great to play aren't they. How are the frets on yours? I try to limit my playing time on mine because the frets are pretty worn (haven't had it for long but overlooked the fret wear because it was pretty cheap) and I don't want to go to the cost or trouble of refretting that beautiful neck...

[​IMG]

15. Fendman

Fendman NEW MEMBER!

Thanks Goonie, yeh they are great to play. Fret wise mine are good, if they were really worn I would have them done only cos I just love the guitar I had it stored for seven years and have just got it back recently,it was like being reunited with a long lost friend.

The neck is just a joy, far nicer than my strat...and the great plus they are not a heavy guitar, I know I will never part with it.

Glad you have a bullet enjoy it :)

16. Gaolee

Gaolee Tele-Meister

I am pretty sure mine was made in Korea, but there's no way to know for sure. From the serial number it was built in 1985, and the previous owner tells me it was rattle canned and then disassembled in about 1990. One of these years I'll finally get it put back together. It sure isn't as original as most of 'em here, but I'm sure hoping it will be an outstanding guitar once it's painted and put back together. I had it back together for a while before finishing its disassembly to repaint and rewire it, and I can say it is a first rate guitar. The neck is smaller than I usually like, but it is a good shape and feels very good to my hand. The trem works just like a Fender trem, so no surprises there, but the tuners are very good and it has plenty of adjustment for intonation and string height. The laminated luan body resonates forever if you let it. On top of all that, it is weird looking, so what isn't to love?

17. RoyalWe

RoyalWe TDPRI Member

I've never seen one with the bridge cover type thing before either. I have pretty much the very same. '81 deluxe, rosewood fretboard. Got it for $300 after taxes a few years back in Pittsburgh. My first real electric and I found perfection in it. Amazing tone!

18. John Page

John Page Tele-Meister

I just recently found out that an old friend of mine from Fender had saved some original new old stock Bullet saddles from the scrap bin years ago. After some serious horse trading I was able to acquire a very limited number. Some are the original Nickel plated Steel, and some are the slightly later Nickel plated Brass.

I am offering them on my on-line store if anyone is interested. Here's the link - http://shop.johnpageguitars.com/new...et-bridge-saddle-set-nickel-plated-steel.html

Of couse I'm keeping a few sets for myself too ;0)-

Cheers!

[​IMG]

19. todd1041

todd1041 NEW MEMBER!

fender bullet

Hi Everyone! I am glad I found this forum.
    I was looking for some help. I have a fender bullet S3 that I bought new when I was 13. I have had it since then. It is original except that when I was 16, I removed the original ivory paint from the body to show the original wood.
    I would like to sell this guitar but I don't know what it is worth. Any ideas on value would be appreciated.
    Here are some pictures to add to the forum.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

20. Gaolee

Gaolee Tele-Meister

I don't have any idea what it is worth on the open market, but it is a sweet looking guitar.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.