1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Britt Daniel signature

Discussion in 'Telecaster Discussion Forum' started by Swampash&Tweed, Jun 3, 2020.

1. nojazzhere

nojazzhere Doctor of Teleocity

That's one of several reasons why I'd never buy a $2000 guitar in the first place.....I just can't leave it alone. I'd want to start changing pickups, bridges, saddles.....you name it. Before you know it, my $2000 guitar would be worth at least $500.....'cause of all the non-original parts. ;)
    To me, nothing's sacred on a Telecaster......that's what I love about them. :):):)

2. Danb541

Danb541 Friend of Leo's

Agreed. I have about 25 electric guitars right now and never paid close to $2,000 for one. I've probably had 100 over the years, bought and sold. I cant recall ever buying a brand new guitar at all. The most I've ever paid is $1,200 for a used Gibson Les Paul Traditional Pro about 5 years ago. I sold it a year later for the same amount, couldn't connect with it. I don't like having super nice minty guitars. I'm afraid to touch them. And like you, I always want to change things to suit me. I can't bring myself to make changes to guitars that are worth a lot of money.

nojazzhere likes this.
  3. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

Does anyone know if a three saddle bridge would be a simple screw-in replacement on the Britt Daniel Tele? I'm curious if the string spacing would match up. Not sure about the particular part no for the Britt Daniel bridge though...

4. guitfiddles

guitfiddles TDPRI Member

I’d love to get this one!

RYAN1987M likes this.
  5. Iamaracinghorse

Iamaracinghorse NEW MEMBER!

It is indeed a direct screw-in. I just did this with mine; fender vintage-style ashtray plate with Wilkinson compensated brass saddles. It’s a definite improvement.

RYAN1987M likes this.
  6. RYAN1987M

RYAN1987M Tele-Holic Ad Free Member

I did it too in the end...

[​IMG]

Iamaracinghorse likes this.
IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.