1. Win a Broadcaster or one of 3 Teles! The annual Supporting Member Giveaway is on. To enter Click Here. To see all the prizes and full details Click Here. To view the thread about the giveaway Click Here.

Fender Blues Junior Club

Discussion in 'Amp Owners Clubs' started by electrablue, Jun 13, 2009.

1. M2roadwarrior

M2roadwarrior Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Picked up a tweed blues jr with red white & blues speaker, loving this amp!!!

RichCuellarPDX likes this.
  2. a.francis.1968

a.francis.1968 Tele-Meister

Cheers it took a while for the colour to win me around as originally I was going to go for a pro junior in red tolex but was made an offer on this one brand new I couldn’t turn down the owner only had it a week so it was brand new and he threw in a nice quality cable and mini fender twin tiny battery amp which is fun or will be when I remove it from its casing and put it into a small wooden box I have it needs wood and it’s only for bed playing so who gives a monkeys if it doesn’t have that Fender look anymore. The pro was nice but these new blues juniors have gotten some good reviews after a few easy mods..

3. a.francis.1968

Which version is that? What make is the speaker?

4. M2roadwarrior

M2roadwarrior Tele-Meister Silver Supporter

Bought at Sweetwater with eminence speaker instead of Jensen

5. a.francis.1968

Thanks for the advice he has his own stool to sit on I just plumped him on the floor for the pic, I love vinyls and wouldn’t be to pleased if they melted in a frenzy of filthy fuzzed up abandon.Not sure why I’m calling it a he as I can’t see any sexy distinguishing bits, I have checked. After a month I can’t get over how colourful this amp is and to think I hid him a dark room for a week because I thought I’d made a mistake... 3E6F486B-0575-47D0-B2F9-5A6EAAA44BCB.jpeg

Attached Files:

Treynor, jlagrassa, Andy B and 5 others like this.
  6. zeke54

zeke54 Tele-Afflicted Silver Supporter

I have a blond one I bought new from Musicians' Friend around 1999 or so , USA made , green board . I used this in a band for a couple years then replaced it with a Pro Jr. The BJ got put away for a rest , it's great to have multiple amps but the downside for me is I move on to a new one and neglect the others ! I had thought the BJ was a good amp , but just not great . I got it out yesterday and cleaned the pots , took out the original EL84s and put in a Tungsol set and replaced the V1 with a Sovtec I had . At some point I had replaced the speaker with a WGS G12Q . I may have my new favorite amp ! I honestly do not remember it sounding so great ! With an OD pedal it becomes a beast ! The tubes and speaker swap brought it to life , I almost sold it a few years back , sure glad I didn't !

Geo and Andy B like this.
  7. jlagrassa

jlagrassa TDPRI Member

Been using the Blues Junior on and off over the years they are good amps, currently using a Blues Junior IV and added some ckt mods and also put it in a larger Pine Cab with a Greenback it sounds so good with my pedals!

[​IMG]

[​IMG]

saltyseadog and irie like this.
  8. Rockdog

Rockdog Tele-Afflicted

Just arrived today from Sweetwater. They really knocked it out of the park with this version. The Cannabis Rex is an amazing speaker. 7CFD5335-12AE-421D-A230-81A335C03EDB.jpeg

Treynor, irie and Henry Mars like this.
  9. gitapik

gitapik Tele-Afflicted Gold Supporter

Yep. C-Rex brings out the best in this amp. Nice look to that one. Congrats!

Rockdog likes this.
  10. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

I just ordered the BJr-IV, Daphne Blue special edition with Cannabis Rex speaker from GC. $50 off for the Presidents’ Day sale. Interested to compare it to the BB-007. Expecting a bit more “oomph”.

11. Henry Mars

Henry Mars Tele-Afflicted

Be sure to give the REX plenty of break in time.

It could take 30 hrs before it loosens up depending on how hard you drive it.

wblynch and gitapik like this.
  12. gitapik

Agreed. Sounds good at first. Gets excellent once broken in.

13. stueycaster

stueycaster TDPRI Member

I am anxiously awaiting my Blues Jr that I just ordered from Sam Ash. It's stuck in Houston due to the weather. I'm going to play through a 2 amp wet/dry setup. My pedal board is all set up. The other amp is a Vox AC 15. I've heard guys use this same setup on "That Pedal Show" on YouTube. It's gonna be epic.

Once I get it I'll probably be hanging out here some. I've heard some people like to change the speaker. I may if it seems like a good idea. I switched the speaker in my Vox to an Alnico Blue. It definitely has a fuller sound now. We'll see. Anyway I'll see yall later.

14. gitapik

What’s the stock speaker in the BJr you’re getting?

Mine came with a Jensen C12n. It gets a lot of bad reviews as being too brittle and trebly but if I only played humbucker guitars like my LP or semi-hollow body, I’d probably have kept it. It was very good for those guitars.

But I also love my Strat and Tele, which is where the problems with the Jensen surfaced. So I got the Cannabis and am a happy camper on all fronts, now.

wblynch likes this.
  15. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

Thanks, will do

16. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

Gratification delayed. They sent the wrong amp. Had to take it back to the local store to get it resolved. New one on its way - by the end of the week.

17. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

The new Blues Jr arrived. Looks great, sounds great, but the reverb is crap. Seems like no reverb at all. This is a version IV.

Are these tube driven reverbs? I thought so with 3 12ax7’s. Either way it’s pretty useless and the reverb is one of the reasons I chose this over a Bassbreaker 15.

18. Blister

Blister Tele-Meister

Yes !

19. gitapik

That’s one of the BillM mods I got done. New reverb. Def improvement.

This is a common gripe and one of the reasons the BJr is priced as low as it is.

Inexpensive upgrade here. Read the reviews.

https://www.amazon.com/dp/B003BGXW50/?tag=tdpri-20

wblynch likes this.
  20. wblynch

wblynch Tele-Meister

Thanks gitapik.

reading up I learned that the BJr uses a solid state driven reverb. Disappointed. But I have an FRV-1 pedal I can use.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.