Fender Bassbreaker

Discussion in 'Amp Central Station' started by Gary in Boston, May 15, 2016.

1. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Has anybody tried one of these yet. or used one in a practical way ?

Gary

2. unixfish

unixfish Poster Extraordinaire

I played the 15 watt version in a store. Good sounds - but it does not have a foot switch to switch between the "structures". I did find a good distortion pedal - I used a Wampler Clarksdale - with the lowest overdrive structure produced some good sounds.

There are others here that own these - I am sure they will have some more / better feedback.

It is a good sounding amp line.

3. Scaper2014

Scaper2014 Tele-Meister

Yep! Absolutely blown away by mine, replaced all my other amps. Througly love my 007 head and cab with greenback

Alienware likes this.
  4. xland

xland Tele-Meister

I own the 15W combo and it's pretty much all that I play through. Now that being said, I don't play out so I'm not sure how it would do in a band/gig setting but for my purposes I love it. It's exactly what I was looking for when I bought it, great classic rock crunch on the medium gain setting.

The low gain setting is a great platform for pedals and even the mid-gain setting works great with pedals. I haven't spent much time on the higher gain setting so I can't comment on that option.

I also think the Celestion V-type speaker works great in the amp, it's a very balanced speaker. I have no desire to replace it.

It's not for everyone but it's exactly what I was after.

5. Gary in Boston

Gary in Boston Friend of Leo's

Hmmmm it almost sounds that this amp is proving to be as advertised .............

Good to know,

Gary

6. Lunchie

Lunchie Poster Extraordinaire

I plugged into a 15 watter briefly at GC and really didn't care for it. For me it's a bit of a one trick pony. Good distortion but for cleans and crunch I think I'd rather have a Blues Jr or Pro Junior.

7. comebackkid

comebackkid Tele-Meister

I played a 45 combo in the store recently and it was awesome! Didn't go any further than 22,5 watts with the attenuator; I was afraid I'd blow the windows out of the soundproof room I was playing in. This thing is loud if you turn it all the way up! The attenuator is a great addition to the amp; great tones at low output volume. The "both" channel is what I liked best, fat and tight bottom end and crystal clear highs. I'm seriously considering buying this beast of an amp.

8. uriah1

uriah1 Telefied Ad Free Member

A lot of threads on these new ones both here and over at the gearpage.
    I liked the 007. Nice marshall job for a fender. Not sure about clean settings.

IMPORTANT: Treat everyone here with respect, no matter how difficult!
No sex, drug, political, religion or hate discussion permitted here.

1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.